Interest in a NPS Locknut?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyworld

Reaction score
Hey guys. I had ordered a bunch of parts from proflowdynamics.com and without thinking, ordered 2 stainless steel 1/2" locknuts from them. They didnt specify whether they were NPT (tapered thread) or NPS (straight thread) and should have assumed they were NPT. When I received them, I realized they would not work as a true locknut as they don't thread all the way down a pipe nipple for a cooler MLT.

Apparently proflowdynamics moves a lot of these NPT locknuts but I was wondering if 1). anyone else has made the same mistake has I have and ordered the wrong one and 2.) who would be interested or would have purchased that from them if they sold a 1/2" stainless NPS version locknut? I just spoke with Michael from proflow and I don't want to steer him in the wrong direction if there is no demand for these. However, the only other place online I've seen them is bargainfittings.com

Thoughts?
Nick

Back