Delirium Noel recipe for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catie0501

Reaction score
Hey all-
wondering if anyone had a recipe for Delirium Noel- I was thinking of brewing soon so it would be nice and aged by xmas for gifting!

Also would it be possible/good or bad idea to do a yeast extraction from a delirium noel bottle?

I'm pretty new to home brewing- but it's already become a fun fascinating addiction!

This is the tranlation of what their website says, sadly not much help:

Born in 2000, yet it is brewed only for the Christmas and New Year and complete the trilogy of "Delirium. " His approach is already a superb warm copper color to red recalling "Nocturnum" except in its taste. At first glance, it hides its subtlety by a level of flavors. It be approached with confidence, with a tinge typical Christmas, sauced with a sweet touch, then covered with a bitter tone, without extension and then a strange sensation of freshness on the tongue. Finally, it frees itself entirely from the bottom of the palace like a pepper on a salad of the season. It is assessed at the first sip, and loyalty to the second. However its high "volume of alcohol consumption required liable

You should consider culturing their yeast, since that is a big part of the character of their beers. Maybe start with a clone recipe for Tremens: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/delirium-17140/ and swap out the invert sugar for dark candi syrup for color. You could also go up on the Munich (swap out some pils) and maybe add a bit of medium/dark crystal for more of that dark "Belgian" character.

Hope that sends you in the right direction, good luck.

Reviving an old thread here, but I was curious about this one. Specifically, that type of yeast do you think is used? I has a very similar characteristic to some flemish reds minus the sourness....at least to my pallet....

Back