Low on Carb - Lots of Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85shadow

Reaction score
Well, I kegged about 10 days ago at a constant 12 psi. The beer tastes good, has lots of head but seems low on carbonation. Any ideas?

Fridge temp? It sounds like the beer is carbed ok, but the co2 being "knocked out" of suspension, giving you a big head and seemingly low carbonation.

I'm going through that right now- my faucets are relatively warm, and the first pint is like that- a bigger head and less carb in the beer, while the second pint is perfect. My solution is to pour my partner's beer first!

Both the KEG and the CO2 tank are in the refrig. Is that OK? Also, what is the ideal frig temp?

That's fine- my co2 tank is in the fridge. The ideal fridge temp is whatever temp you like your beer served at.

The carbonation charts help you pick the perfect amount of carbonation based on temperature. http://ebrew.com/primarynews/ct_carbonation_chart.htm

Are your faucets warm? Is the second pour better than the first?

Back