First State Brewers Homebrew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstStateBrewer

Reaction score
http://firststatebrewers.com/

In case you're a brewer in northern Delaware or surrounding area and haven't heard of us, I thought I would shamelessly plug our club here.

We were established as a club in 1988. (I joined around 1990) We meet the 3rd Friday of every month at a different member's house. We have an assortment of active members with varying brewing skill levels.

Our meetings are a great place to learn from other brewers, sample their brews and socialize. :mug:

If you're interesting in attending a meeting or would like to be on the mailing list for our newsletter, just email me. scott @ firststatebrewers dot com.

The next meeting will be at my house on Friday, April 20th at 7:30 pm at my house in Middletown, DE. The theme of the meeting is "Gadget Night". Bring your favorite brewing toy and show it to the group! If you'd like to join us, let me know! :mug:

The website says your meeting is the 24th this month but you said it’s the third Friday of the month. I also notice nothing is scheduled after this month on the calendar.

The website says your meeting is the 24th this month but you said it’s the third Friday of the month. I also notice nothing is scheduled after this month on the calendar.

Well we usually have the meetings on the 3rd Friday, but we had a scheduling problem this month.

I have added the next 2 meeting dates after that.

8/24 -Joebob Jacob's house in Newark, DE
9/21 -How Do You Brew store (The Shoppes at Louviers 203 Louviers Drive, Newark DE)
10/19 -Bill King's house in Newark, DE (Bring your homebrewed Kölsch. Bill is judging. Winner receives a cash prize!)

Can you make any of these meetings?

To tell you the truth, I have wanted to pay a visit for some time (well, maybe since May) but I’m pretty sure I would be denied by the boss (the wife.) I can’t make the one this month but I’m going to try one soon. Is the meeting at How Do You Brew at 7:30PM like the others?

To tell you the truth, I have wanted to pay a visit for some time (well, maybe since May) but I’m pretty sure I would be denied by the boss (the wife.) I can’t make the one this month but I’m going to try one soon. Is the meeting at How Do You Brew at 7:30PM like the others?

I have the HDYB meeting listed for 7-10. They like to close shop early.

Our October meeting is this Friday, 10/19, at Bill King's house near Newark. Luke Bowen of the Evil Genius Brewing Company will be our guest speaker. We'll also be holding an informal Kölsch competition. If you'd like to join us, let me know and I'll send you directions to the meeting. scott (at) firststatebrewers (dot) com.

Ah, crap! I missed the October meeting! Let me know when and where the November meeting is going to be. I'm up in Newark, so getting anywhere in NCC is a breeze! :D

Ah, crap! I missed the October meeting! Let me know when and where the November meeting is going to be. I'm up in Newark, so getting anywhere in NCC is a breeze! :D

The November meeting will be on Friday, 11/16, at my house in Middletown. Send me an email and I'll put you on the club distribution list. That way you'll receive directions in the November newsletter. (scott at firststatebrewers dot com).

I noticed this thread seems dead. Is the club still active? Do you have a website?

I AM NOT A COMPANY TRYING TO SELL STUFF!

Yeah, it’s my stuff. And yeah, it’s a sad day in my world. But, it’s only temporary.

If you know someone who is thinking about getting into home brewing, you must direct them to this. It’s everything needed to become an advanced home brewer. Including kegging and filtering equipment for force carbonation to make high quality, crystal clear beer. It’s on eBay and the bidding starts at $500. Because of homebrewtalk’s rules, I’m not allowed to give you the link. But if you copy the description below and search it on eBay, it should take you there.

Home Brewing Kit, Complete System, For Advanced Beer Brewing

There’s so much to list but here’s the important stuff:
1 – 7.5 gallon Brew Kettle w/built in thermometer
1 – Homemade Kettle insulator
1 – Bayou Classic Propane Burner w/legs
3 – 6 gallon Food Grade Ale Pails w/lids
1 – 6.5 gallon Food Grade “True Brew” Wide Diameter Pail w/lid
2 – 10 gallon Rubbermaid Round Coolers (Lauter & Mash Tun)
1 – Stainless Steel False Bottom Screen
1 – 11” Digital Traceable Thermometer, -58*F to +572*F, reads in 6 seconds
1 – 6.5 gallon Carboy w/carrying crate
1 – 8 gallon Carboy w/carrying crate
1 – Carboy Drying Stand
1 – “The Stirstarter” Stir Plate w/Teflon Stir Bar
1 – Glass 2000ml Flask
2 – Air pumps (fish tank air pumps) w/hoses, Stainless Steel Air Defuser and filters
4 – Refurbished 5 gallon stainless steel kegs
1 – 20lb. Aluminum CO2 tank w/Taprite regulator (90% full)
1 – 2 Stage filter w/5 filters (four .5 micron & one 5 micron)
1 – Portable Refractometer w/Automatic Temperature Control
1 – Grain Mill w/hoper extension
1 – Escali Digital Scale w/electrical plug
1 – Johnson Controls temperature controller
1 – Bottle Tree and Spring Loaded Top Mounted Bottle Cleaner (holds 45 bottles)
20 – Grolsch flip top bottles
54 – 12oz. Amber crown cap reusable beer bottles
1 – 45 gallon Rubbermaid Tote w/lid and on wheels (I fill it with cleanser to keep everything sterile while I brew, then I use it to store most of the tools & etc. in it when I’m not brewing)
– Lots more stuff like a hydrometer, LD Carlson Easy Clean, Keg Lube, Calcium Chloride, PH test strips, cleaning brushes, stainless steel ladle, stainless steel stir paddle, bottle caps, air locks, hoses, stainless steel fittings, bowls, hop containers, etc., etc., etc. Everything needed for one to become an advanced home brewer.

01a.jpg

Back