Next 2 brews on their way!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
Well, I decided to put my Xmas gift card to use today and placed my order with AHS. (After saving and visiting and REvisiting the AHS site to COMPLETE my checkout) I picked up the DC Stout kit from them (rave reviews) plus a holiday ale they had on special. I also grabbed a pound of flaked oats (for the stout) plus a some raspberry flavoring (Think I might turn this into a nice mouthfeeling raspberry DC stout)

Its a mini mash kit so I get to steep some other grains with less extract.
Im half tempted to run up into the attic to see if I can find those old coolers now... I think we had like 2 or 3 of them at one time. (Never being used...)
The lure of the simplicity of all grain is becoming tempting... (Now that it is beginning to make sense) :ban:
-Me

Just be careful going up to the attic, there can be scary things up there, like spiderwebs, ghosts, serial killers and people who drink too much apfelwein...

oh and just remember...
(I made this for you yesterday)

apfelwein9.jpg

When I'm brewing, and I have too much apfelwein in my system, I start thinking crazy. "You know what would be really good in this beer? Apfelwein!"

Go AG! Other than sex, it is about the most satisfying thing a man can do.

*Sigh* Well, I just got back down from the attic... With a 2cooler... Looks like I have a project to work on this coming weekend. Im wondering if I shouldnt just bite the bullet and get ANOTHER cooler so I can make my sparging that much easier.

I have gone from the basic brew kit and a canned EBA (which is wonderful already - and its green)
To a turkey fryer (insulated) for full boils.
To a couple of mini mash kits.
To scrounging around the attic for the 'extra' cooler we have up there so I can 'tinker' with going AG.

I think I may have dropped the appropriate 'bug' in the wifes ear as well... She said "You arent going to have too much beer are you?" or something to that effect. I replied with the 'well I plan to brew as I empty the bottles' or I can just get a kegging setup. You know that you can leave the beers in the keg indefinitely...

Im hoping I interpreted the "hmmm" look on her face as one of "Hey! Thats a great idea!" as opposed to a "Awww ****... Here we go..."

Whats coming next? I dont want to plateau at AG and then have the novelty wear off. I mean, its exciting to experiment. Im thinking that AG will give me many more options. Hehehehehe I feel like a kid in a candy store here!
-Me

You'll like the AHS DC stout. It is the AWESOME.

Plateau after going AG, you must be kidding.

You will only begin to your beer dreams...

IC/CFC
fermentation temp control systems
keezers/kegerators
brewing stands
beer cellars
brewhuts

It just gets bigger and better yet.

Back