Alright i need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcw203

Reaction score
Just took a hydrometer reading on my brewers best American cream ale brewers best kit it's been 9 days since start of fermentation and my og was 1054 my gravity now is 1.011 but like most of you probably I had to taste it and to my surprise it almost feels carbonated can someone help me with this and if so what is it and is it okay?

So do you really think its ready to bottle or should I wait a little longer plan was to bottle on Friday night

It's up to you. It's a cream ale, so it's likely done fermenting, but if you can cold crash it (put it in a cold place for a couple of days) it will probably get even clearer.

Since I keg, I just transfer to keg and let it cold crash in there. After a couple of pours it usually clears right up.

Anything less than 40F would work fine.

Don't worry about longer. The yeast continue to work after fermentation has finished. If you leave it for 3-4 weeks your beer will be clearer and possibly have less off flavors. I consider the beers that I primary for 3 weeks much better than ones that I rush.

A cream ale will clear easily but with the light flavor it is difficult to mask any off flavors.

Homercidal said:
Your beer is ruined. Bottle it up and ship it to me for proper disposal.

Better send it to me for quarantine first. Don't want any good beer going around.

Back