Frigidaire Fridge and Love TS 13010 ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikew2003

Reaction score
I'm converting a 13 cf Frigidaire refrigerator and i'm confused about the red wire. I'm connecting the Love TS 13010 Can anyone help? This is a single door refrigerator that looks just like the freezer that John Beere has modified with the exception of the red wire. This unit has an external thermostat with a heater to operate the fridge when the ambient temperature falls below freezing, I guess, Thanks....... Mike

Frigidaire Refrigerator schematic.jpg

DSCN5474.jpg

I do not understand the use of the aux heater. It would help if you gave us a product description that explains the function of the components.

However, I can tell you, for your purposes, the red wire doesn't matter. You should just "splice" the LOVE in place of the main thermostat in the cold control.

Thanks for your reply, Here's what the manual says:

AUTOMATIC FREEZE CONTROL
The Freeze Control Feature will maintain proper interior
refrigerator temperature even when the refrigerator is
placed in an area where the surrounding temperature drops
down to 10° F (-12° C).......... So, i don't think i need this feature to work against me when i'm dropping temps down if it will at all. So I guess I should splice in the controller and just leave the red wire connected to the old thermostat? After all, I don't need this auxiliary heater anyway.

Yeah sounds like it kicks in to heat the fridge if its to cold outside (controlled by that ambient thermostat, so do just to what you have said and leave it as is and just splice in the love over the og internal thermostat.
If you had a 2 stage (cooling and heating) controller you would replace the ambient thermostat with the heating contact on the controller to turn on the exeisting heater.
All in all I would say you have found a mint fermenting fridge!

Back