New England Keg Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radiant-designer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I helped organize a group keg buy last year and am looking to do another one. Working with the same guy as before and ll the kegs that we had came pressurized and they all held pressure fine and were in good condition.

I need to know an approx number of units in order to get accurate pricing, I am estimating it may be around $35 each for ball locks and a bit cheaper for pin locks.

They will probably be delivered to my office since we have a loading dock and can get a pallet in here easy. My office is right on the Lawrence/Andover line in Ma right off 93 and 495. I can also help arrange drop off in Portsmouth NH or another reasonable location if I am headed out that way anyways. Last time I had about 15 in my Datsun to bring them to NH.

I would like it if people take 2 or more, I may order extras and sell them off on CL and others for cost + 10% or so to cover my time to advertise and deal with people.

I'd be interested in 4 ball lock kegs and am sure I could get a few friends interested as well.

I am interested to get down on this potentially as well.... not sure if you are posting this elsewhere.

Pun locks? Ok I was real tempted to make a pun but I won't.

Pricing isnstill being determined depending on qty and quality. Theh have some that look practically new, but I am tempted to just get great prices. They are all guaranteed to hold preassure. I have dealt with this distributer before and have seen about 60 kegs from them and have not seen anything thst i wouldn't put my beer in.

As last I heard itnlooked about $35-37 each for the ball locks shipped. Pin locks would be (I'm tryinf to remember so don't quote me 100% on this) around $32-35

Pricing

the B grade tanks are $35 but we do have couple damaged tanks which are still in working order for $30 each *they only have a limited number, about 10 (A damaged tank is usually a tank with a decent size ding or dings to the outer steel of the tank. If its anything major it is scrapped. But like I mentioned all tanks are pressure tested and will come in full working order.. Also, pin lock tanks are $28 each.)
add about $3-4 for shipping

Do any of the kegs have PRVs?

I might be able to use a couple and I have a buddy looking to start kegging that I can talk to as well as he would likely be interested in buying several.

I as well could go for 2, and if anyone else is in from Upper VT I might be able to help pay for shipping up here since I work almost every weekend.

Ok I think I will be picking up a lot locally, as many as I can fit in the old datsun pickup (luckily it's a 7 1/2' bed)

I'm going to trybto coordinate getting down there to get them and will need to distribute them (and more importantly get paid) quickly so I'm not stuck with $2, 000 out for too long.

I'd love to get my hands on 3 of the ball lock kegs but I've got a new baby coming next week and don't know when I'll have a chance to get up to the Andover area. Anyone in the metrowest or Waltham area getting some kegs that could help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back