Pics of my other hobby...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
Well, was supposed to pick the little lady up from work the other day and was running 20 minutes early, so I decided to snap some shots down the street (skid-shots) and at her workplace. Here are my favorite 4... Normally not much for the 'magazine'/'artsy' (i.e. angled) shots, but I kind of liked the two of these... I know I don't have the hottest car on the earth, I know these aren't DSLR quality, and I know they aren't the best settings... but not half bad for taken on a quick whim with my point and shoot in auto-mode.

Anyone else into tuner cars? I know we have some jeep-folk here (my brothers hobby), etc. from lurking on the boards, but I saw the "anyone ever race" post a week or so back and figured we might have some other tuners/drivers on here...

LititzShoot5RS.jpg

LititzShoot3RS.jpg

LititzShoot6RS.jpg

LititzShoot1RS.jpg

Oh, and I should add... the 350Z is now at 106k miles. Not looking bad for being an old, daily driver. Been driving her hard since I got her with 18k miles.

And here is one of my favorite shots of all time of her...

Rooftop1.jpg

Love how that yellow, "pops"...

I'll post some progression pics when I get time. Started totally stock and have been through 3-4-5 sets of wheels, 2-3 front ends (raccoon destroyed one), etc. :)

Oh, and for the curious, I have basically every "bolt-on" modification (read: not supercharger or twin turbo kits...) you can buy under the hood. Intake, Headers, Test Pipes, Full Exhaust, Pulleys, ECU Reflash and Tune, etc. It pulls pretty nicely... Would still kill for a Z06 Vette or better yet a Porsche GT3. :) :rockin:

nice 350...!!!!! I have built my eclipse from the ground up too... I've done everything you can to this car beside internals... pushing close to 400hp when I have it properly tuned... but here are some pics...

781317874_l.jpg

2x_clean_13.jpg

I've been test driving RX-8's. maybe not the same caliber as you guys but there is something about that rotary whine that does it for me. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger in Oct.

Nice Z by the way, I had a 240 for while, (I was too young for all that car and it was not good for me...)

Jester said:
nice 350...!!!!! I have built my eclipse from the ground up too... I've done everything you can to this car beside internals... pushing close to 400hp when I have it properly tuned... but here are some pics...

781317874_l.jpg

2x_clean_13.jpg

I like that generation eclipse better than any to date... I wanted to get one of those GSX's as my first car (9 years ago), but it never panned out. You can definitely mod those Mitsus to hell and back though...

I'm a big fan of the Evolution VIII-IX and everytime I decide I need more room, I want to be able to drive my car in winter, etc. I consider trading my Z in for one... The Evolution looks so mean too.

On the other hand, the Z performs fairly well, has been reliable (knock on wood), and looks very sexy... So, I've kept it for now... :)

Nice car though! Sucks you have to have the front plate! :(

krispy d said:
I've been test driving RX-8's. maybe not the same caliber as you guys but there is something about that rotary whine that does it for me. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger in Oct.

Nice Z by the way, I had a 240 for while, (I was too young for all that car and it was not good for me...)

The RX-8 is a great, all-around car... Straight-line acceleration isn't there in the league with other "sports-cars", but its still a great looking car and can carve the corners with the best of them...

The only problem with the rotary is that not many people, other than Mazda, understands their workings and can fix them. This isn't a problem while the car is under warranty, but afterwords... Also, Mazda reliability in general seems to be a little lacking judging from my friends experiences. Nothing major seems to happen (i.e. no blown-up engines, etc.) but everything else seems to break... CD players, glove boxes, car runs OK but has a CEL at all times, etc.

As for the 240, definitely a cool car. My buddy from Hagerstown area has an S14 with the S15 front-end conversion (meannnnn...) and the SR-20DET (?) swap...

As for my next car... I wouldn't mind it being one of these:

SS-08-BMW-M3-P2a.jpg

Super-sexy and 400HP V8 to boot... :)

EDIT: That's me trying to stay realistic... As noted, my other dream cars are a bit more lofty (dreamy)... GT3 Porsche, Nissan GTR, Viper, the list goes on...

SilkkyBrew said:
+10 points for you - It's a Nissan! :)

heheheee... its a little taller now and about to get some bigger tires... 33s werent big enough... and I bought this truck to keep it stock... it was only stock for a about 2 weeks...

that victory is a good looking bike but I couldn't get used to forward controls. I don't want a crotch-rocket either but a cafe bike, now that feels right at home.

hehe, i guess i forgot i made that portion of that site restricted to members only.

97 estoril blau m3 coupe, and too many mods that are way too expensive.

garage.php.jpg

jbreiding said:
97 estoril blau m3 coupe, and too many mods that are way too expensive.

Mmmmm... M3...

Other than the Z, I think the E46 M3 is about the hottest thing I could afford right now (I'd probably buy slightly used) and that I'd actually want to drive... Perfect combination of style and performance...

But, alas, trading out of the Z to get into the E46 would probably hurt pretty bad considering how I racked up the miles on the Z thus far...

I'm definitely keeping the new V-8 M3 in my sights for a few years into the future though.

The M3 is amazing though. Has been since the E30 (?) and the E36 model like you have was pretty far ahead of its time as well for a mid-90s vehicle... Another vehicle I wanted to own at some point (E36) but never panned out. Heck, even the 4-door E36's were hot!!

krispy d said:
that victory is a good looking bike but I couldn't get used to forward controls. I don't want a crotch-rocket either but a cafe bike, now that feels right at home.

I probably couldn't even lift that Victory bike if I tried... Hahaha... Definitely a hotttt looking bike though. Saw a few in person this past weekend down in OCMD (bike week)...

SilkkyBrew said:
Mmmmm... M3...

Other than the Z, I think the E46 M3 is about the hottest thing I could afford right now (I'd probably buy slightly used) and that I'd actually want to drive... Perfect combination of style and performance...

But, alas, trading out of the Z to get into the E46 would probably hurt pretty bad considering how I racked up the miles on the Z thus far...

I'm definitely keeping the new V-8 M3 in my sights for a few years into the future though.

The M3 is amazing though. Has been since the E30 (?) and the E36 model like you have was pretty far ahead of its time as well for a mid-90s vehicle... Another vehicle I wanted to own at some point (E36) but never panned out. Heck, even the 4-door E36's were hot!!

indeed, however if i were to get rid of this thing my next purchase would be a 6.0 GTO. pure performance w/o all the bells and whistles, less **** to break!

jbreiding said:
indeed, however if i were to get rid of this thing my next purchase would be a 6.0 GTO. pure performance w/o all the bells and whistles, less **** to break!

The GTO is definitely fast as balls... I just can't get by the fact that it looks so much like the normal grand-ams, prixs, etc.

Basically... I just can't get by the fact that its a Pontiac. :D

Also, I'm sure you would be highly disappointed in the handling characteristics of the GTO when compared to an M3... Those auto-x courses would become difficult and even backroad country curvies would become more like work, than fun...

SilkkyBrew said:
I probably couldn't even lift that Victory bike if I tried... Hahaha... Definitely a hotttt looking bike though. Saw a few in person this past weekend down in OCMD (bike week)...

that is the nice thing about the bonnie, only 450 lbs.

orfy said:
My camper/4x4

A real MPV.

ireland215rc4.jpg

You've posted what this is before, but refresh our memories please.

I'm pretty sure that something like that isn't available in the states though.:(

Flyin' Lion said:
You've posted what this is before, but refresh our memories please.

I'm pretty sure that something like that isn't available in the states though.:(

It's not available in the UK either I got it imported it in from Japan.

Its a Mitsubishi Delica Spacegear 4x4 2.8 Intercooled Turbo Diesel Jasper Exceed

It's got hell of a long badge!

Ryanh1801 said:
This thread needs a little more CI's. j/k

Better break out the SS if you want to hang with me, even in the straights... ;) More than a few Z28's have seen me go buzzing along ahead...

Now, if your Z28 is modded at all, I retract that statement... and give you a :rockin:

Better break out a modded 350z or better (read: S2000, M3, Evolution, STi, Vette, Porsche...) if you want to take me in the twisties... :D

EDIT: Although I'm being totally serious, take this with a grain of salt as well... No hard feelings, I like all high performance vehicles. :) Someday I'll grow out of my 6 cylinders and into something beastly, even without mods.

SilkkyBrew said:
\

That thing is effing sweet...

It's got room for kegs......and YES.....I do take kegs on tour with me. :)
I'll tell you a secret....Mr. Beer goes with me as well.
I use it as a wine cask!

Mr Beer at the Blue Grass Festival in Omagh 2007.

ireland451fs9.jpg

2.5 gallon of Strawberry blush Chardonnay. (Home Brew of course.):tank:
Good time had by all.

Rhoobarb-

Do you have one of those "Dumb car mufflers" on that *****! You know the ones that make it sound like your hauling ass but in fact are going 19 mph and need to shift into 2nd.

Yeaaaahhhhh, those are cool

not.

Back