Boddingtons Pub Ale - 1 pint my arse !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture says 1 pint - it does not designate "US" - and it does say "imported", so probably a British pint.

one English Pint = 19.2 US fluid ounces, so there's still a discrepancy if you've actually measured only 12 ounces. I don't have a Boddington's nearby to compare/verify.

Where did you buy this from?

Did you actually weigh the beer? If the can says 1 pint on the front, then it should contain 16 ounces (or 16.9 as I see they sell this beer in some places.) If it doesn't, you have a case for false advertising.

I have had those cans before. They sell those 4-packs all over the place nowadays. I don't know about you but I had trouble pouring it into a pint glass without it foaming way over the top. Every time I drink one, I pour about 12 oz with a huge creamy head, and then go back and pour out the rest after I've consumed a bit. I don't know if the total really adds up to a pint, but it definitely seems like more than 12 oz to me.

I've had them before and they were at least 16 oz. The 4 packs are everywhere. It's ok, a bit bland. I love their bowling pin shaped yellow tap handles though!

Had them before, agree they are a pain to pour into a glass. But I like the idea of a nitro ale that is not a stout being available. I will agree with some of the others, they are more than 12oz, whether a true 16 or not, I can't say.

Hey, dstranger, looks like you got the specially packaged Hobbit-sized pints. Those are really rare! Keep the empties and sell them on the ebay. :p

I don't know if the total really adds up to a pint, but it definitely seems like more than 12 oz to me.
a16.jpg

I like Boddington's and I wondered about that myself. So... I poured a can into a tall glass, being careful not to spill any. Then I waited for the foam to settle until there was nothing but beer. It takes a while. Then I marked the level with a Sharpie. Then I drank the beer. Then I filled the glass with water up to the mark. Then I poured the water into a measuring cup. Sixteen ounces. Case closed.

Back