Grain Group Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT Round#2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
This buy is OPEN

We finished the last buy not too long ago but ive been contacted by a bunch of people who missed it. i expect this one to fill up slowly, delivery late fall timeframe.

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (near Poughkeepsie, NY).
3. Payment will be done through certified check or money order via snail mail, and will be required up front before the order is placed. personal check is an option but will delay the order by a few days. An estimate will be calculated once the order filled and any adjustments will be promptly credited back to each buyer via paypal or other arrangement. Buyers will have 1 week to submit payment after buy is closed. Paypal will not be used unless you are willing to pay the fees involved, they have threatened to delete my account for receiving gift payments on other grain buys ive done (perfectly within their terms of service).

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$6.25)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$6.25)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Note: Breiss grains are not available to us, DME is available.

Pricing (Use 1000# pricing)
Pricing on the great malt sheet is an estimate. Plan for about $6.25 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to K47K's residence in Poughkeepsie unless we find someone with a business with loading dock and fork lift (shipping will be cheaper).
I make pretty regular trips to the Hartford, CT area about once per month and could mule sacks.
I make less frequent trips to Eastern Long Island, NY (Moriches) area about once per month and could mule sacks.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you. Please make your best effort to make the preplanned pickup date as described above.

You may reply to thsi thread with Orders, i will be tracked them in google docs. -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3fjHLGll50dEcwSW5XbHdvNE5CV0VtN0N1eUc1amc#gid=0

Current # of Sacks: 22

SPLIT INTEREST:
*unsure if we will be doing splits but will keep track of the interest and make a decision later.

Breiss Caramal 60L (indibrewer-1/2, Available-1/2)

Awesome. Thanks for doing this again. I'd be interested in:

2 x GW-2ROW or any other 2row
1 x BD-MOPA

Also just requested permission for google docs , email has part of my username in it.

As a reminder there is frequently availability issues with GW-2row. we sub CM-2Row if the GW is not available at time of order.

if you are ordering GW-2Row and dont want CM-2row sub make it known when you place your order.

It all depends on when the buy fills up. could be tomorrow, could be winter, unfortunately i cant predict the demand.

Thanks for setting this up. If you are still open to bringing some bags to the central CT area, I would love to participate? I live right off 84 in Cheshire and would be happy to meet you at a place that works for you. If so, I will list my requested order.

-Josh

i can mule to CT, you will have to be flexible on when you can meet me though. i pass by cheshire on 84 at least once a month.

I might be interested too - just got my monster mill, now I need to stock up on some grains... I'd also be with joshs, looking to meet up on one of your CT trips to pick up my order. How do you handle bag splits? Do you?

stratslinger and anyone else in central CT, i suggest that you work together on an order. i will get the order to one of you and you can handle local distribution. might work better than trying to coordinate several different drops.

Splits may be considered but only if you are picking up your order at my location. to be honest they were a big pain last time.

I need some grains if anyone can bring it to Hartford. Please let me know if central ct folks are coordinating something together.

Can you please PM me the price for the following along with PayPal payment details.

1 BD-MOPA, 1 GW-2ROW, 1 GW-OWHT, 1LB HU-90CAS, 1lb HU-90PLR, 1lb HU-90MTF, 1lb 1763-2, 1lb 1776-2, 1lb 1768-2

Just a question, why can't you order briess? The homebrewclub I'm in orders from the same supplier and can get briess.

Homebrew accounts are not allowed to order breiss grains, thats all i know.

Breiss products are listed in the ncm price book. The spreadsheet only shows what people ordered last time. Link to Pricebook is in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for offering briess malts. Here is my order:
1. 1 bag 5298 - briess 2 row malt
2. 1 bag 5301 - briess pale malt
3. 1 bag 5317 - briess wheat malt, white
4. 1 bag BD-MOPA - marris otter
5. .5 bag 5411 - briess 2 row caramel malt 60L

Please let me know the shipping rate for these bags and the PayPal Id to send the payment. I will send the order total + shipping whenever you need it.

Thanks

indibrewer,

ive updated the sheet with your order minus the 1/2 of crystal 60. im unsure if i will be doing splits, especially for orders that wont be picked up in poughkeepsie.

payment will be requested when the order fills up (42 sacks)

Thanks. I am in Hartford and I thought you would help bringing the grains upto central connecticut? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly. You should also try to get the dry spices like lemon and orange peel?

Thanks. I am in Hartford and I thought you would help bringing the grains upto central connecticut? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly. You should also try to get the dry spices like lemon and orange peel?

i can get your order to manchester relatively easily. talked to NCM today, no spices.

If this group buy is still open I would like to go in on 6 sacks.

1 X CM-PALE

4 X GB-OPALE (Organic Pale Ale)

1 X TF CTY65

murgala,

PM me with your contact info and real name and ill get you on the list.

thanks,

I'd like to get in on this buy as well.
You can put me down for:
1 - CM-PALE
1 - GW-PALE
1 - BD-MOPA
I'm another central CT guy. I work in East Hartford so I could easily meet up with k47k and take delivery whenever it's convenient.
I'd also be willing to take delivery of other CT guys orders and hold for pickup or mule to a more convenient pickup location, within a reasonable distance.
k4, I've PM'd contact info.
Thanks.

Brewskerdoo,

Got you marked down for 3 sacks. didnt get your PM with contact info though.

I am in for 2 sacks:

2 x Briess 2 row, item ID 5298

I am located in central CT, so will want to coordinate with someone in the Hartford area. I work in Bloomfield, so can shoot down to Manchester with no problem as well.

I requested access to the google doc, my email has 'rc' and '64' in it :mug:

If you have room, I'm switching my CT group buy over here. I'm in New Miford, CT if that helps anyone out. I also have a shop
with a fork truck if that helps the OP out with shipping costs. I think the last time I had a pallet delivered here it was $94 for shipping.
Could meet anywhere between here and Poughkeepsie if desired.

I'm in for 13 bags:
(4) Bairds Maris Otter - BD-MOPA
(2) CMC 2-Row - CM-2ROW
(3) Best Pilsen - BZ-PILS
(1) Best Munich - BZ-MUNH
(1) CMC Wheat - CM-WHET
(1) Baird Pale Ale - BD-PALE
(1) Baird Dark Crystal - BD-CR75

LMK if I'm in so I can close the other group buy out...

Since it appears that the CT group grain buy is closing down I would like to move my purchase to this group.

GW-2ROW - 2 bags
5S‐PBW8LB - 8 lb PBW (confirmed with CMG there is no hazardous material fee)

Thanks, Tom

Poobah, Tom,

You are both welcome in the buy. While i can mule, i cant mule for 10 different people individually, just wont work.

I can make 1 delivery in Western CT (Danbury area) and will be looking to make 1 delivery in East Hartford (Manchester area). Whoever wants in on this buy should get together with the other people in your region and figure out who is going to be the distributor for that region. Muling will be done on my schedule, most likely a friday night or saturday morning.

I will update the first page with the Mule drop off locations and ill let you folks work out who will be the distributor for the region.

Poobah, i appreciate the offer for receiving the delivery, however it is not cost effective for me, even though there is significant savings, id actually be paying more since i would have to spend 2 hours and 90 miles in gas, also i cant accommodate 1600lbs in my vehicle.

let me know if you still want in.

Back