Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this at a bar the other day. Pretty sure all beers are undistilled?

Yeah, but their stupid sign says spirited, so they have to put a disclaimer so no one thinks it's actually a spirit. Stupid people selling stupid watered down **** to stupid people. My buddy bought some. I tried it. Has a horrible after taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm reminded of an interesting story just now. I was at Super Walmart last month shopping with my son & the missus. I was on a fubared back buggy,& this other fella helped me reach a 6'r I couldn't. He then goes back to the far end for Coor's light,saying something like "..& I'm goin for the safe kind". Oh,well,I tried to tell him these were from Hawaii. Not to mention,the two Ohio beers I also picked up. I'm not above a BMC being retired,though. I just kinda smirked the oh well face & didn't sat anything.

I'm sure someone will show up with a "well actually..." on that one.

It's part of Miller's branding for Fortune. They're trying to market the higher ABV as something to be served a few ounces at a time in a rocks glass. Because, y'know, 6.9% is a sippy drink :D

Yeah, served in a sippy cup, to babies! :drunk: LOL!

I enjoy rap, but thats just terrible haha. I do remember when the true fourlokos came out and you could seriously get smashed off of two of them. $5 to get wasted, you cant beat that.

I remember when they started brewing that crap. I lived by the former rolling rock brewery where it was made. The crap the put down the drain killed all the good bacteria in the treatment plant and caused Latrobe to smell like a third world country for an entire summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I remember when they started brewing that crap. I lived by the former rolling rock brewery where it was made. The crap the put down the drain killed all the good bacteria in the treatment plant and caused Latrobe to smell like a third world country for an entire summer.

LMAO! That's hilarious!

Cheers! :D

Hmmmm, let's see, 22 oz. of 10% alcohol, which is 20 proof, right? Uh, only if you have lots of aspirin in the house. And in YOU before you go to bed. And a bloody Mary for breakfast.

...which is the equivalent of 5.5 oz of standard 80 proof spirits, which is equivalent to 3.67 standard drinks...scaaaary...you can keep your aspirin, I'll have another beer! ;)

...which is the equivalent of 5.5 oz of standard 80 proof spirits, which is equivalent to 3.67 standard drinks...scaaaary...you can keep your aspirin, I'll have another beer! ;)

5.5 oz. of standard 80 proof spirits puts my 130 pounds flat on the floor! Ah knows mah limits. But hey, drink on, I'll just watch. :D

How do you handle lifting 5 gallons of wort?! Thats like half your weight ;)

We have a nice Brew Hauler (or whatever you call those web belts that go on the carboy), we use plastic carboys, and I have a nice strong KotC (King of the Castle) who is the Brewmeister. I'm the Assistant Brewmeistress!

That being said - I carry around 40 pound sacks of bird seed no problemo.

22oz at 10% = 44oz at 5% = a little under four 12oz session brews. That'll make for a very pleasant and relaxing evening, but doesn't put me on the floor or send me reaching for the aspirin. I'd certainly sleep soundly. While my typical evening intake is 1 to 2 12oz session beers, maybe I'll try 3.67 tonight for purely scientific purposes. (and since I can't waste beer, I'll make it an even 4.) :mug:

We have a nice Brew Hauler (or whatever you call those web belts that go on the carboy), we use plastic carboys, and I have a nice strong KotC (King of the Castle) who is the Brewmeister. I'm the Assistant Brewmeistress!

That being said - I carry around 40 pound sacks of bird seed no problemo.

Just giving you a hard time :D I do love the brew haulers!

You can if you're a REAL MAN :ban: :mug:

Oh thank the Lord I don't have to live up to THAT at least! :D

Just giving you a hard time :D I do love the brew haulers!

No worries, I knew ya were yankin' my Brew Hauler. I might be an old fart and female and can't put beer or other alcoholic beverages away as good as you BIG STRONG MEN but hey, I does what I cans! :mug:

Oh thank the Lord I don't have to live up to THAT at least! :D

No worries, I knew ya were yankin' my Brew Hauler. I might be an old fart and female and can't put beer or other alcoholic beverages away as good as you BIG STRONG MEN but hey, I does what I cans! :mug:

This is a brewer's forum. It isn't how much you can drink, it's how well you can brew!
:D

This is a brewer's forum. It isn't how much you can drink, it's how well you can brew!
:D

THANK you, JohnSand! I knew I liked you! :rockin:

We do some pretty decent brewing, if I do say so myself.

And now I'm going to :off: myself before someone else beats me to it.

Back to "funny things you've overheard about beer" - how about, it makes your hair shiny? (I believe that is if it is applied to the OUTSIDE, not the INSIDE of the hair....)

So I was having lunch with my Mom when my wife called asking me how to activate a Wyeast smack pack, this is what my Mom overheard:

"You just need to smack the package really hard"

"Don't worry, you can be pretty violent with it without the it exploding everywhere"

"Just smack the package between your hands till the thing inside pops"

"Okay, now just shake it really good"

"It will start to swell up like a balloon, that is normal"

So I was having lunch with my Mom when my wife called asking me how to activate a Wyeast smack pack, this is what my Mom overheard:

"You just need to smack the package really hard"

"Don't worry, you can be pretty violent with it without the it exploding everywhere"

"Just smack the package between your hands till the thing inside pops"

"Okay, now just shake it really good"

"It will start to swell up like a balloon, that is normal"

That .. is .. awesome. The fact that your wife called to ask you about this in the first place is awesome too. :rockin:

She isn't making anything, just playing brewers assistant for me so I can get a starter fired up as soon as I get home from work. ;)

Oh, and my Mom's response after I got off the phone was "you do realize how dirty that sounded from my end, right?"

I'm at a brewery and someone just asked for "specials"... Say wha? Everything is cheap... It's a brewery

I'm at a brewery and someone just asked for "specials"... Say wha? Everything is cheap... It's a brewery

Both the breweries I go to, their "specials" are either food or beer selections that aren't normally on the menu. Not necessarily something at a discounted price.

us scrawny folk are like ants, lifting stuff you wouldn't believe.:rockin:

Hey im with you man. I was scrawny in HS at 6'1'' and 145 even trying my hardest to gain weight, but my metabolism has caught up to me now. Still feel small at 180 for my height, but im getting there :D

Hey im with you man. I was scrawny in HS at 6'1'' and 145 even trying my hardest to gain weight, but my metabolism has caught up to me now. Still feel small at 180 for my height, but im getting there :D

last time I weighed myself (3-4 weeks ago), I was at 118. every time I get sick, I drop weight like crazy and have a hard time gaining it back.

the other day my boss said he doesn't drink "any of the hard stuff. just beer". he drinks some kinda BMC light, so I was giving him a hard time and asked when he was gonna start drinking beer. we both laughed a little. another coworker said in his famous as-a-matter-of-fact tone, "Some of us don't like drinking syrup." as y'all might guess, I didn't handle that in the most diplomatic fashion possible as I replied, "Yeah, some of us have the BALLS to handle beer that isn't over carbonated yellow water. When are you growing yours?" our boss laughed a little harder.

I would love to weigh 180. I have reached sub-200 maybe twice in the last decade. I'm 6'2" and usually somewhere in between the right and the wrong kind of 220lb. Engagement photos are this weekend, so I'm doing about 1250 well-chosen calories a day and exercising daily this week - three and a half days and about five pounds down so far, but I could kill to crack open a homebrew right now.

On topic, "black coffee and pilsners are too bitter for human consumption".

I must be one of those 'special' people. The only way I will drink coffee is if it is black as night. I heard an old timer once say that it isn't a cup of coffee unless you can dissolve a horse shoe in it.

And I like pilsners, and lagers, and stouts, and...

when we had a drip coffeemaker, I loved that beginning of the drip bitter goodness & wished the whole pot was like that. but I also add some Splenda because I like a little sweetness to balance the bitterness

hmmm... I wonder what else that could apply to?

when we had a drip coffeemaker, I loved that beginning of the drip bitter goodness & wished the whole pot was like that. but I also add some Splenda because I like a little sweetness to balance the bitterness

hmmm... I wonder what else that could apply to?

hehehe... reminds me of this commercial

[ame]http://youtu.be/BOP5PBIghhc[/ame]

I think I found an avatar

Back