Help me get this barrel!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmick

Reaction score
Fellow Homebrewers, I call upon thee to help me win this bad boy from Brooklyn Brewery. Basically go to their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/thebrooklynbrewery

and "like" my comment, B McHenry (most "likes" wins). I'll be putting a barleywine into this for a year, if you can help, PM addresses may get bottles ;)

Great Divide has 30 they are giving away to first come first serve. I unfortunately can't make 50 gals. to fill it with. But I will humor you good sir and like your link.

Fellow Homebrewers, I call upon thee to help me win this bad boy from Brooklyn Brewery. Basically go to their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/thebrooklynbrewery

and "like" my comment, B McHenry (most "likes" wins). I'll be putting a barleywine into this for a year, if you can help, PM addresses may get bottles ;)

Liked. Good luck! Not sure when they are stopping the votes, but right now you're winning by 5! I'll be looking forward to trying your barleywine in a few months :mug:

Hey all, thanks so much for the love, looks like I should be in a good spot to pick one of these up. Now, it seems like this is a 53 gallon barrel, so we're going to have to see how I utilize this bad boy, since I'm AG 5 gallon batches (which, for my NYC apt, I consider a pretty big feat as is). Right now my brother is going to get the barrel from the brewery, then we're going to take it from there. May wind up just breaking it down and using staves, or there may be some marathon brew sessions in my future :rockin:

Great Divide has 30 they are giving away to first come first serve. I unfortunately can't make 50 gals. to fill it with. But I will humor you good sir and like your link.

Is there a link to that info? I'd love to get a barrel - can you just walk in and ask?

Find a bunch of friends or brewers that want to do the same beer as you and then split it..

SUCCESS! Ha, even though I'm the third person to post it, I successfully secured one of these barrels thanks, mostly, to the folks here on HBT. Thanks so much to everyone who "liked" the comment, and look for a bump/update/new thread about a mass brew day idea out on Long Island sometime soon (my brother has kindly agreed to pick up and store this beast).

Wanted to give all an update on this, since you were integral in helping me win it. My brother and I headed out to Williamsburg to pick this up last weekend, and much to my disappointment the barrel was VERY dried out. We're talking 1/4" gaps between staves. I've been messaging with another winner on fbook, and he's been trying to rehydrate the thing and is even talking about building some sort of chamber to do it, but that's probably not going to be the case with me. Any ideas out there? This thing is dangerously close to becoming a piece of furniture...

Bummer. Throw it in a contractor bag, duct tape it on, and fill with water? Might work. Keep it someplace the water leaking out won't hurt stuff.

Back