Show us where you live (Literally)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the aireal view of my home.

Steps:

1. Go to http://local.live.com
  2. Type in your address at the top
  3. Switch to Hybrid View
  4. Using the tool bar switch to Birds Eye View.
  5. Use the compass to change the viewing angle.
  6. Screen shot it and post it.
Works best in metro areas.

Note the car in the driveway disappears when I change the view. Must have been taken on a different day.

tb.JPG

HM1.JPG

hm2.JPG

I can't quite figure out how to grab a screenshot, but the pic of our house is at least two years old. Doesn't have the driveway I put in two summers ago, or the fence I built the summer before that. Much better resolution than Google Earth, though.

All 4 angles. FYI - 'round here you paint your roof white to combat the sun! You can see my token chunk of grass in there somewhere :eek:.

house-north.jpg
house-east.jpg
house-west.jpg
house-south.jpg

the_bird said:
I can't quite figure out how to grab a screenshot, but the pic of our house is at least two years old. Doesn't have the driveway I put in two summers ago, or the fence I built the summer before that. Much better resolution than Google Earth, though.

alt key, print screen key
open mspaint and paste.

sause said:
Here is my house, it's the one in the upper left. As well as the best high school baseball field in south east Wisconsin.

179-housefromabove.bmp

Sause, is that appleton ave? Been a while since I've been there. Grew up in MF and went to North HS (when there was a North HS...)

desertBrew said:
All 4 angles. FYI - 'round here you paint your roof white to combat the sun! You can see my token chunk of grass in there somewhere :eek:.

Any more property like yours around? I'll be retiring soon and looking for the warmer climes...:D Beside, most midwesterners retire to AZ...it's tradition...

desertBrew said:
Sauce, is that appleton ave? Been a while since I've been there. Grew up in MF and went to North HS (when there was a North HS...)

Appleton? Humph... That's pilgrim, right by village hall, library, the cop shop. They expanded it about 10 years ago. I spent one year at North for ninth grade. Oh yeah, and it's sause.

The closest I can get is 100 yds & it's really grainy. Can't find that bird's eye view you're talkin about.

Edit- there is none for me. That's what I get for livin' in the sticks...........:cross:

homebrewer_99 said:
Any more property like yours around? I'll be retiring soon and looking for the warmer climes...:D Beside, most midwesterners retire to AZ...it's tradition...

Truth be said, I just opted not to wait. There out here but the $ tag went out the roof over the last 3 years. Like FL when housing used to be cheap, AZ was similar but then CA people came over... Reality has brought it down a bit but still ridiculous. My house is 2.5x what I paid for it in 2000 for fair market value. Look at that horse cover on one of the pics? That's where they can throw me under when I'm done so why do I care what they sell for nowadays. Just makes my taxes higher.

You can't see it, but there is a sign on the front door that says

BEWARE OF THE NINJA

(this is from google earth, because the site linked too has terrible tiny black and white images of my street)

edit: I just figured out that there is no bird's eye view available of my area. using a different address I got those options.

walker_house.jpg

sause said:
Appleton? Humph... That's pilgrim, right by village hall, library, the cop shop. They expanded it about 10 years ago. I spent one year at North for ninth grade. Oh yeah, and it's sause.

You know I typed Sause and then I "fixed it". And then fixed it again ;). So what, did they move the school then <kidding>? East HS was way further south than pilgrim. Must be an off-campus ball-park. Whatever, I'll drive thru next trip up.

desertBrew said:
You know I typed Sause and then I "fixed it". And then fixed it again ;). So what, did they move the school then <kidding>? East HS was way further south than pilgrim. Must be an off-campus ball-park. Whatever, I'll drive thru next trip up.

Yeah "off-campus", east is couple miles east of here, go figure. Just make you feel better if there were still two high schools then I would have gone to north too.

Wow, this satellite location stuff is amazing. This is such a good shot of my house!

skyscraper.jpg

They even happened to get a shot on the same day as of my neighbor's daughter's wedding!

Trailer%20Park%20Weddin.jpg

Incredible!

Mike B said:

Wow, I lived a few blocks away from there with my ex-girlfriend a few years ago. She married the owner of Le Voyeur; you might even know her.

My place:
myhouse.jpg

It's just an apartment, but I am right next to the water, which is nice. Those two red circles show my two balconies. Here's where I brew:

boons.jpg

The red brick building at the bottom of the multi-buidling complex is the bar I work at. The red circle is the back alley where I do my actual brewing. We have big gas burners we use to boil crawfish and snow crab, so I get to use them, and I don't have to pay for fuel! I chill my beer in one of the huge sinks inside after filling it with ice from our ice machine. Brewing at a brewpub is the best.

hmm....saying Bird's eye view isnt available for my area for some reason. I wonder if its because ft huachuca is right next door

Chimone said:
hmm....saying Bird's eye view isnt available for my area for some reason. I wonder if its because ft huachuca is right next door

LOL that blimp gets the really good pics... amazing how it always seems to pointing south... :D

Ize

Ize said:
LOL that blimp gets the really good pics... amazing how it always seems to pointing south... :D

Ize

I live pretty much underneath the blimp. Well pretty damn close anyways. Its our little weather station. Blimp going down means bad weather ahead.

But trust me, from the amount of stuff you can get in this town, its not doing its job too well.

The picture of my house is at least 7 years old, grainy and long distance. I am sure glad they don't have images of me building my underground meth lab...

The red circle is me... that large area behind us is a 200+ acre horse 'ranch'. This image must have been taken in the winter as you probably couldn't even see our house when the trees are full of leaves...

home.jpg

Mines the front house with the detached garage (brewery) behind. Must be the previous person beacuse I don't have an orange VW Beetle in the backyard.
my house.JPG

and the block...
my house2.JPG

Torchiest said:
Wow, I lived a few blocks away from there with my ex-girlfriend a few years ago. She married the owner of Le Voyeur; you might even know her.

No, I don't know anyone that works at or owns Le Voyeur, but I have been known to visit from time to time . . .

Good to hear from a former Olympian! You may appreciate the fact that I'm enjoying a FishTale Organic IPA right now.

desertBrew said:

View attachment 777

Man DB, how close is your closest neighbor? I'd LOVE a patch of desert like that. :cross: No wonder the beasties love you. ;)

Ize

Ize said:
Man DB, how close is your closest neighbor? I'd LOVE a patch of desert like that. :cross: No wonder the beasties love you. ;)

Ize

They're acre lots. Lucky I bought it when I did cuz I couldn't afford it for what they're going for now... It's a quiet cul de sac, just me and the vermin (4 leggers, 8 leggers, no leggers). And swmbo of course.

desertBrew said:
They're acre lots. Lucky I bought it when I did cuz I couldn't afford it for what they're going for now... It's a quiet cul de sac, just me and the vermin (4 leggers, 8 leggers, no leggers). And swmbo of course.

That's superb. :rockin: I've been out that way to visit on a few occasions over the past few years and really love it out there.

Ize

As proof that I have nothing to do today at work, here is the entire region!!!! the shots off of local.live.com (at least in the boston area) are very up to date. By my estmates, these were taken within 1 year of now.

Back