Water additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHB

Reaction score
Hey folks, Im tryin to adjust my water in the EZ water calculator. I am concered about the amount of stuff in my water. Does it seem reasonable to add 8gm of gypsum, 6gm CaCl2, and 6gm MgSO4. I will be using 9.5 gallons in the mash and approx 10 gallons for the sparge. I was thinking of putting all additions in th mash. Any Help would be kickass, Thanks.

Hey folks, Im tryin to adjust my water in the EZ water calculator. I am concered about the amount of stuff in my water. Does it seem reasonable to add 8gm of gypsum, 6gm CaCl2, and 6gm MgSO4. I will be using 9.5 gallons in the mash and approx 10 gallons for the sparge. I was thinking of putting all additions in th mash. Any Help would be kickass, Thanks.

Wow, most general question ever. It would help to know your base water profile, and type of beer your brewing.

Yes pretty general, sorry. With the additions in the previous post I will obtain the profile I want for my IPA. I just want to know if 20gm total of additions is too much and if it would be better to start with different water that does not require so much adjustment. THX

Back