Stupid new hobbies steam rolling over old ones... ;)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vfinch

Reaction score
I did a batch of brown ale in April at a local AG u-brew to save money and have beer for the summer racing season. Once I realized how much fun the process was and what the result was in the end, my racing and other hobbies have taken a backseat to brewing. Now I have a full AG setup, bottling setup, kegging setup and am currently building both a kegerator and a patio ice-chill cooler. Is there any help for me?!?!?!?!

PS. My beer tastes awesome, but my race car is suffering...

PPS. Beer beer beer, I drink it up and the floor seems to get to near...

It's like you're in a sideways slide going down a slippery slope, hitting the brakes won't save you!

Just don't combine your two hobbies. That could get scary.

Well we do combine them, but only in the garage... ;) Though if we're doing any major work that requires concentration and is dangerous the drinking gets put aside (gasp!).

The car is getting jealous, I spent some of the car parts fund on brewing equipment :ban:

Well we do combine them, but only in the garage... ;) Though if we're doing any major work that requires concentration and is dangerous the drinking gets put aside (gasp!).

The car is getting jealous, I spent some of the car parts fund on brewing equipment :ban:

Ok, so whats your ride? Give us a some details!:rockin:

It's a 1984 Toyota Supra being done up for autocross.

In the works:
-Rebuilt 5MGE w/9.1:1 stock internals (except 1mm oversize stainless valves)
-Modified to accept the later model's turbo setup (CT26 turbo)
-Full 3" stainless exhaust, right off the turbo outlet (bypassing stock elbow)
-Crane 6 ignition with boost variable timing retarding
-Full poly bushing upgrade at all four corners (including some special forum groupbuy parts)
-All new bearings, ball joints and seals for the suspension
-Brand new brakes at all four corners
-Groupbuy strut bar (very nice!)
-Custom de-powered steering rack
-Custom coil-over setup with camber plates & RCA's
-Lots more (which is why it's not done yet...:) )

Hell yea man!!! I've been looking at 89's lately. The supra is one of the last JDM cars not to be played out, i.e. 240sx, civic, AE86, hell even WRX's are a dime a dozen now. I'm thinking either the supra, an FC Rx-7, or maybe an good school TE-37 corlla. But with the price of gas, I'm thinking a bike will be my best bet for now.

I'm right there with you... sorta. Actually brewing is the cheapest hoby I've had in years.
AG setup (Getto) $150
Keg Setup (also Getto) 200.00
Bottles...Free.
Ingredients....$30 - $50 per brew.

Compaired to.
Car Parts.....$800 - $1000
Guns...$800 - $2500
Trip to somewhere with Salt water to Scuba Dive...$3000 - $5000
Photography....$4500 last year.

Ya...Brewing isn't that bad for me, and it take up all of my free time and thought process...Heck it may even be saving me money.

I just got into homebrewing but have already seen my car hobby take a back seat.

I'm rolling a 1995 Stealth RT/TT. Twin turbo, all wheel drive, 99 3000GT VR4 front end conversion, black w/ tan leather, and a bolt-on or two! ;)

LOL, nice, im seeing a trend in this post. My rig has been on the back burner for a while now too. The SWMBO just gave me some comments about how i never work on it anymore ... gonna have to spend a little more time wrenching, but i sure would like to have a nice cold brew to do it with. LOL

Oh yea... Sorry not a speedster 86 suzuki samurai, currently not runnning with one flat tire. Working on a custom fuel injection for it, then on to a headlight conversion, and toyota axle swap. Affectionately dubbed project WTF cause i find myself saying it more and more when i dig into it. LOL

Back