ATTN: Do not brew during severe weather.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided i could mash while the worst of the weather passed by, it only got worse. Tornado warnings, torrential downpours, possible flooding basement. The weather just would not stop getting worse! It finally broke, but in all the rushing and confusion I wound up with really low eff. It still looks, smells, and tastes great but not exactly the ESb i started out looking for. I wish I had a garage.

Ha, I can totally relate to the topic of this post. About a month and a half ago, I was brewing an IPA. Well, what started off as a beautiful, sunny morning turned into the worst 10 minute hurricane I have ever experienced. Let's just say, it was so bad our city turned on the air-raid sirens to warn everyone to go inside. I've never heard them before. I felt like I was in WWII. What made things worse was that I not only was brewing outside, but was dealing with the worst stuck mash ever. I had to evacuate everything to the inside, and barely made it on time. Apparently if you brew an all wheat beer, rice hulls are key, haha.

I decided to call it, "Sh!tstorm Ale: When everything that can go wrong, does."

Back