Groupon Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistr25

Reaction score
It's not from Midwest, but could be a good way to get some new kits you've wanted to try, upgrade your equipment or get some extras.

Groupon Deal

True Brew Maestro Beer Equipment Kit Includes:

Basic How-To Beer Making Book
6.5 Gallon primary fermentor with airlock and lid
Bottling bucket w/spigot
Bottlefiller
Adhesive thermometer
Rack and Fill Kit
Hydrometer
Capper
Bottle Brush
Santizer

Plus an extract kit and some other things.

Definitely enough stuff to get you started, can always add more later.

I received this deal too. The $59 for $120 certificate is a great deal as well, but you can only use it on a select 10-12 extract kits. That's basically buy 1.5 kits get 1.5 free. Not too shabby if you are an extract brewer!

I wish I knew what kind of yeast came with their kits. "Ready to pitch liquid yeast" isn't all that descriptive.

Yeah, I was intrigued. I thought, hey I do extract brewing. This sounds like a great deal. Then, I followed the links and realized I have no idea what is actually in the kits and there was something that confused me about whether or not I would need to figure out a way to grind the specialty grains that may or may not come with the kits I choose.

If I was familiar with the store and knew what I was getting, this would probably be a really great deal. However, I'm not so sure I'm willing to spend the cash on an unknown.

I am having a tough time getting the discount to apply to the order. It seems to take the last kit ordered off my total. I stayed up to get the first spots in shipping order, but I think there might be a glitch. If the first $35+ comes off because you have to sign up for a class, the ad was deceiving and I'll be getting my money back. Stay tuned, but buyer beware.

I was ready to buy, then read the fine print. Very deceiving. I've no interest in their "online brewing lesson" or whatever it is.

I don't think this is a good deal at all, and I was super excited when I first saw it. That Online Class counts against your total and I think you only get 1 kit plus the $20 GC which you can't use immediately. Their recipe kits have no detail, and seem pretty overpriced... I'd buy it if it was a little more descriptive.

Latest posts

Back