Framboise Lambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven11356

Reaction score
I've been doing some research on this beer. you really can't find decent lambic kits. i found a recipe which i will modify.

5 gals. spring water to 150 F
1lb. 20 L. Crystal steep 30 min.
4 lbs. LDME boil 60 min.
1 oz. Styrian pellet hops boil 60 min.
Cool to 170 F.
8 lbs fresh raspberries past. 30 min.
Wyeast 5526 BRET LAMB
Wyeast 5112 BRET BRUX

OG: 1.041
Primary: 34 days
Secondary: 5 mos.

i'll be adding 1lbs of belgium candy sugar and an extra 1lbs of raspberries. I have a new oak barrel coming that i can age it in. give me your thoughts on this project.

I made the "Impatient Man's Lambic" too. I made it with peaches not raspberries but it turned out pretty good. The overnight souring step is a bit of a pain but I definitely prefer it to using all those nasty bugs in my equipment.

7.5 lb British two-row
0.6 lb Crystal 20L
0.6 lb Crystal 40L
0.6 lb British crystal 50-60L
0.25 lb CaraPils
1 oz Black Patent
1 oz Roasted Barley
1/2 oz Smoked Malt

im assuming this are all grains and no malt extract right? sorry if this question sounds dumb but i have to be really sure. i would hate to ruin this lambic.

Yes, that recipe is all grain. It looks like your OP was extract with specialty grains. If you're not set up for AG, I'm sure you could convert this to an extract/specialty grains. Convert the British 2-row to light DME/LME. Steep the other grains (you may need to adjust the quantities because you are steeping not mashing). After you steep, you would need to dissolve your extract into the kettle. Then, follow the souring instructions from there. Honestly, I have very little experience with extracts, so some of the other "gentlemen" may need to add to/correct this.

cool, than this will be my first all grain beer :).i wish i could share the final results with you guys for being so helpful. CHEERS

I can't say definitively that they serve their intended purpose, but they're intended to replicate the added complexity you get from fermenting with bugs.

I assume that's why they are added as well but it doesn't really make sense to add crystal malt to a beer that is trying to replicate a beer style that is very dry. I guess I can understand the smoked malt or some dark malts that add tannins that create sort of a dry feel. I guess if you're trying to recreate Lindeman's fruit stuff it has a thicker feel from all the backsweetening...

Well, here is my first all grain Framboise Lambic. I used 9lbs of fresh raspberry too. This Lambic reminds me of Lindeman's Framboise Lambic. Thanks Biocemetic for the link with the recipe and thanks to all for your suggestions.

IMG_8937111.jpg

Back