Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed the first night of North American baseball although I also watched the Australian version last week. I thought LAD would be 3-0 before the rest of the division played their first game. But not to be. I play a Fantasy game with the Family where I have to pick two players each day to hit, and I had three players picked for hits, I was solid on Uribe but waffled between Crawford and Gonzalez for my second pick. I took Gonzalez, should have taken Crawford... I've got Cabrerra and Martinez for the Tigers today. Anyone have a sure pick? I have till 1:00 to change. I can choose any two players playing that day, doesn't have to be the same game. Who is hot this spring?

Seeing the dodgers lose last night was good. Seeing how they lost was great.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396306737.594980.jpghappy Opening Day!

Angels bad news bullpen blows it again. Kinda put a damper on my otherwise lovely opening day

Sad to say I missed the Tiger's game yesterday. I didn't realize it was on so early. I thought it might be like a 5:00 start or something. Probably good to start earlier so the sun will keep the players from freezing.

Sad to say I missed the Tiger's game yesterday. I didn't realize it was on so early. I thought it might be like a 5:00 start or something. Probably good to start earlier so the sun will keep the players from freezing.

Homer, you missed a great game. I've watched it twice and the final inning 4 times. All games this week are 1:08 start. Next week the Tigers are west coast and that horrible 10:00 start. DVR is already set to record.:)

The greatest catcher to ever play with a 2 run go ahead Homerun in the 9th for the Giants made opening day a raging success.

Miggy is one thing. I think of him as a 3rd baseman. All around game I'll take him over Goldschmidt.

The only reason Miggy moved to 3rd was to accommodate the fat F***ing clog on the basepath that we traded to Texas. I welcome Miggy back to first base, I look forward to him being the DH in 7 years

Lets see at the end of the season. He's gold glove caliber in the field and will hit .300 and 30 this year in AT&T. That's legit.

I'll disagree on all fronts. I mean he could do those things, but as long as he's in the same league as A-Gon and Votto, he won't win the GG.30 homers is your next most likelystretch as he hit 17 last year with 39 doubles, what are the odds that a quarter of those turn to homers?

I see Belt and Freddie Freeman as kindred spirits. Both walk well, don't K a ton and rope tons of liners. Those all lead to high averages, unfortunately 30 homers isn't quite as likely with linedrive hitters.

****ing **** ump gives the Expansion Snakes a free run.

Post a link or it didn't happen. BTW I took Goldshmidt and Owings from Arizona as my hitters tonight, both went 2 for..I'm still looking to HBT to help with my choices. Who is going to get a hit today? April 2nd

Post a link or it didn't happen. BTW I took Goldshmidt and Owings from Arizona as my hitters tonight, both went 2 for..I'm still looking to HBT to help with my choices. Who is going to get a hit today? April 2nd

Belt is on fire, so is posey.

I'll disagree on all fronts. I mean he could do those things, but as long as he's in the same league as A-Gon and Votto, he won't win the GG.30 homers is your next most likelystretch as he hit 17 last year with 39 doubles, what are the odds that a quarter of those turn to homers?

I see Belt and Freddie Freeman as kindred spirits. Both walk well, don't K a ton and rope tons of liners. Those all lead to high averages, unfortunately 30 homers isn't quite as likely with linedrive hitters.

His glove is as good as any in the league. Of course Gold Glove voting is a popularity contest. He's a better player than A-Gon. Votto is a different story, forgot about him. Belt has a ton of power and is just coming into his own. He probably hits 25 homers last year if he is in that whiffle ball park in Cincy.

Miller's got some pop guess the added muscle is really paying off. Hope that smoak can keep up this pace so Cano will start getting pitched to.

Tigers won two replay challenges today (one in the 10th inning). The 1st base Ump took the hit for the two overturns and has the plate for Tomorrows game. I hope he isn't in the mood for paybacks. One or more strike counts going against the Tigers.

Loved the 7-2-3 double play the Cubs pulled off tonight. Bases loaded no outs, intentional walk to reload the bases force at 2nd.... going to the 14th inning.. I like the Pirates but I hope the Cubs can pull off a win tonight.

I'm not sure how you can allow a runner to advance from 1st to 3rd on a hit to left field, but the Cubs found a way to lose this one. How can a fielder be so far out of position? Then again I wasn't sure why the STL Cards had the shortstop on the infield grass in the 9th with 5 infielders, I would have had him at DP distance. Sloppy coaching tonight caused two losses.

Mariners are absolutely raking the angels bullpin

My nephews little league team can absolutely rake the angels bullpen. The same glaring flaw every year and not a whole lot is ever done about it. It's already panic mode here in angels territory

The Cubs aren't even bothering with matching uniforms anymore:

proxy.jpg
Seriously? That's really from the same game? That's damn funny!

Edit: I just saw the story. That's great. But isn't the equipment manager's responsibility to provide the uniform for the day? Is it really the players fault? Maybe for not noticing, but...

Back