What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty impressive honey aroma/taste and well rounded. When the idea of honey ale sounds good this is what you would imagine a good honey ale to taste like. Its kinda what I thought a mead would taste like(still havent tried a good one,cept Rogues wine/tea tasting mead thing). Its kinda like butter/buiscuit/honey.With a complementary mellow hop orangish citrus finish. Tastey as all hell.
BA-DA-YUMN

fullers honey dew.jpg

bottlebomber said:
It's pretty good. Unfortunately just about every other beer from that brewery is subpar, ranging from meh to bleh. Brother Thelonious is disgusting. It tastes like cherry coke flavored nail polish. Kind of sucks too because it is the only brewery in my county that shows promise but they have a number of fails.

Agreed. Every other beer I have tried from them has been super-mediocre.

2L of elephant clone, aventinus, four stone IPA, lagunitas sucks, and maybe another. 5L of elephant clone... WTF is this long weekend ****? I'll be at work at 6AM. Skål!

Just got off another 12 hour night shift so I brain farted and forgot the include the bottle in this picture, but it's Wake 'n Bake from Terrapin, kindly provided to me by allenH. It's really well done. Not too heavy any one way but very balanced. Usually this type of beer is either too coffee-y or too chocolatey bitter, but Terrapin got it right.

20130121_042000.jpg

The last Kiwi Red Ale. Between reading BCS and the style guidelines I've determined that this fits in pretty squarely as an American Amber so I made the last minute decision to enter this as an American Amber for the comp I'm sending it to instead of the specialty category.

20130121_050700.jpg

Come on, people! It's 6:45 am on a Monday. Where are all my dedicated drinkers? :p

Drinking one of Stauff's vanilla porters. Nice vanilla and roasty notes don't compete much with each other, no astringency which is common for any of the darker styles. There's even hints of coffee and chocolate in the background. I would love to brew this myself some time.

20130121_064100.jpg

allenH graciously included two of these in our trade and I am very grateful. Reminds me of Hobgoblin but with much... not better, but more amplified hop character. Maybe just a little bit drier as well. Very awesome American brown.

20130121_072100.jpg

I haven't had any of them except the yeti. What was wrong with Hercules?

There wasn't a whole lot of aroma or hop flavor present in the 3 bottles I had. Had a bit of hotness to it as well. Just wasn't overall one my favorite IIPA's.

I need to double check the date code on the bottles, I've had them since Christmas so maybe they are just old. Could just be me.

I was more impressed with Hibernation & Yeti, I've got a Belgian Yeti in the fridge I'm saving for a special occasion I'm particularly excited for.

There wasn't a whole lot of aroma or hop flavor present in the 3 bottles I had. Had a bit of hotness to it as well. Just wasn't overall one my favorite IIPA's.

I need to double check the date code on the bottles, I've had them since Christmas so maybe they are just old. Could just be me.

I was more impressed with Hibernation & Yeti, I've got a Belgian Yeti in the fridge I'm saving for a special occasion I'm particularly excited for.

Well the bottles I got are a little over 2 months old. Hopefully they weren't a waste of money.

My first 2x Energy Rockstar for the day... I have to work today and stayed up late drinking quite a bit of my IIPA last night. Totally worth it! :D

mcbaumannerb said:
Alright - it's not drinking, but I have to think "drinking" in the aroma from 12.25 ounces of Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra and Cascade has to count for something! :mug:

That is beautiful!

Because Texas was a nation and has reserved the right to become one again. It's silly, even to a Texan like me, but there is context behind it.

Sorry to bring up an old post but no, that is a huge myth that some Texans have convinced other Texans of. You have the right to break up the state into 4 smaller states, but there is no state that can legally secede from the Union.

Alright - it's not drinking, but I have to think "drinking" in the aroma from 12.25 ounces of Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra and Cascade has to count for something! :mug:

And that is a great photo!

HB pale ale. A loose clone of Firestones pale 31. I'm not quite finished working on the hop profile. I think I'm a little too piney for it.

image-2295014838.jpg

Back