How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallons of cranberry/apple/brown sugar variant

Thread total: 1532

(for an impressive 5.8 gallons per day since Ed posted the recipe!)

My second batch ever is Gallons 1543 to 1548 of this applewine

Total 1548

Had to make something in a hurry while a friend was in town. Due to time constraints we made this for the first time. Add 4 gallons to the list as of noon today.

1588 + 4 = 1592

awesome.

kvh

I lost my Apfelwein virginity. First batch. Followed Ed's recipe though used Motts instead of Tree Top. Thats what they had at my local Costco.

1697.5 + 5 = 1702.5

Are we going to get pics like the knome in various places around the country, but instead having glasses of Apfelwein in random places? That would be kinda funny

I just made 2 batches 1 with wine yeast and 1 with wyeast 400. I heard it was a nice smooth flavor. The wine yeast fermented quick and the ale yeast followed the next day

J

I'm new to this forum, but I was motivated by the original Apfelwein thread to brew my own. 5 gallons in a glass carboy, just started bubbling this morning. 1712.5+5 = 1717.5

I decided a few weeks ago to try this out once I bottled my Harpoon IPA clone. Just put 5 gallons in the carboy today. Can't wait to try it!

I tried telling some of my friends what I was doing next and they didnt really get it, so I just tell them I'm making hooch. :D

1712.5 + 5 = 1717.5

I'm in on this Apfelwein business too. Had my carboys empty and figured I'd put something in 'em while I'm gone for two weeks. Did mine with a packet of ale yeast I had lying around instead of the Montrachet wine in the recipe but what the heck, it can't turn out that bad can it?

1717.5 + 5 = 1722.5

Quickly running up on 2000 gals. Quite a thing you've got going Mr. EdWort.

1722.5 + 5 = 1727.5
Wow this stuff must be awesome! C'mon Apfelwein, hurry up and finish fermenting so I can drink you.:)

Back