You Name the Ingredients & I'll Brew it Game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you write an Adlai Stevenson Memorial Runner-Up recipe? I'm open to calling it Always a Bridesmaid.

tonyc318 said:
I was kinda hoping for something more unique than an amber ale. Still looks like a good brew though.

It seem like if you were to use a little bit of every grain, hops, and yeast, you would come up with some sort of imperial brown/amber with a bit of tartness. What do you think?

It seem like if you were to use a little bit of every grain, hops, and yeast, you would come up with some sort of imperial brown/amber with a bit of tartness. What do you think?

25 different yeasts in a single beer! That sounds pretty dang expensive!!! :eek:

barrooze said:
25 different yeasts in a single beer! That sounds pretty dang expensive!!! :eek:

It does! And who would want to pay for that muddled mess? I might just have to try it one day...

Well if you start banking every yeast you use and making a different beer with a different yeast each time you brew eventually you'll have ever yeast to use without additional expense. Some you could even bottle harvest and save money. Course what it tastes like is anybodies guess.

watersr said:
Well if you start banking every yeast you use and making a different beer with a different yeast each time you brew eventually you'll have ever yeast to use without additional expense. Some you could even bottle harvest and save money. Course what it tastes like is anybodies guess.

It would probably taste like I said earlier: some sort of imperial brown ale with Belgian tartness to it. That's just my guess.

Any results to post? Did you brew it yet? The chosen ingredients could have been a really nice ESB too... :mug:

Back