Grape Pomegranite Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustang64

Reaction score
I started a batch today using 1.5gal grape juice, .5gal pomegranite juice, and 3lbs clover honey and 2 cups sugar boiled in .75gal water. I used Lalvin Bourgovin RC212 yeast. OG reading came out to 1.100. I'm planning on fermenting to about 1.010 or so to keep it pretty sweet... Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Sounds real nice, keep some yeast nutrient on hand because the honey doesn't have any for the yeast to use. That amount of pomegranate juice might not come through in the end, but you can determine that later and add more once the ferment is done. This is kind of like a hybrid melomel (mead) and a fruit wine. Sounds interesting, what kind of grape juice did you use?

mike

Well, I decided to let it ferment all the way out and today I took a reading. It was at .994, so its pretty much finished, and will be reasonably potent. It has cleared completely so I'm going to let it degas for a while and in a month or two I will fully degas it and bottle. I may decide to sweeten a bit after campden when I go to bottle, either all or part of the batch.

Back