Old pepsi keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadianbrewer2012

Reaction score
Hey there .. I was recently given a bunch of brewing equipment from my father-in-law who is no longer brewing ... I recently started brewing and I want to use this keg .. I still don't know about getting parts or having potential problems with it .. Anyone have one of these or are familiar with them?

image-2917624928.jpg

Looks like a corny keg did it with a gas can. Should work fine though. You may need new seals and posts. Kinda looks like pin lock but I cant really tell. Good find!!

That's an odd keg. Never seen one like it. Is there any manufacturer stamped on it? It looks like it would use regular corny parts( like o rings) but obviously because of it's odd size the dip tubes would be different. Does it state a capacity on it?You wouldn't have any issue using it. On secont thought, it won't work, send it to me I'll dispose of it properly ;)

Lol yeah it's a 19 liter and I hooked it up to my c02 and it works fine .. Its clearly from pepsi .. My father in law guessed it was from the 70s but hen again he bought the kit off of an old and now deceased friend.. Why does it look to be worth something?

That is a really nice little keg! I'm sure it is worth more than a regular one (3 gallon kegs go for a premium because they are shorter) So a almost 5 gallon keg that is short would cost a good bit. They are nice since you can fit them on the hump in a freezer, or in a shorter mini-fridge.

That is a really nice little keg! I'm sure it is worth more than a regular one (3 gallon kegs go for a premium because they are shorter) So a almost 5 gallon keg that is short would cost a good bit. They are nice since you can fit them on the hump in a freezer, or in a shorter mini-fridge.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Anyone know how to search for these things?

Well in about two weeks it goes back into service in my kegerator after being stuffed in a garage for about 15 yrs

But it is a good conversation piece for fellow brewers.. I would like to know what it's worth and how to get a matching one or two ..

It's probably really old, I can't tell from the pic but is it the standard oval lid or a racetrack lid( flat on 2 sides) ? It kinda looks like a racetrack lid.

Back