• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/3 & 1/2 HP motors for Grain mill!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I have Three Motors that were removed from Gas furnaces due to cracked heat exchangers. the 2, 1/3 hp motors are less than 3 years old and I tested each speed on them and ohmed the coils to make sure all is good. I also cleaned them so they look brand new. Their model #HC41AE117A. They both have 7.5mfd Capacitors attached and both come with a Motor mount belly band WITH legs. Cheapest price I see online is $145 Used with cap. The mount for this alone was $30+ at cost. I will ship it for $120 in a flat rate box.

The other motor is a 4 speed 1/2 HP motor. While I was wiping the outside of it off, the chemical I used wiped off the model number information but I had already written it down. The Model #HC43AE115 and was tested to verify each speed also. Cheapest price online is $240 plus shipping and tax. I do not have a belly band or the 10MFD capacitor this requires but the cap is probably 5-10 dollars. I am asking $150 for this motor shipped. If you feel my prices are not reasonable, please make me an offer but these motors are first come first serve. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Thanks.

2012-04-05_14-56-47_343.jpg

2012-04-05_14-56-22_0.jpg

2012-04-05_14-25-01_254.jpg

2012-04-05_16-22-46_462.jpg

2012-04-05_16-21-57_558.jpg

This weekend only, I will lower price by $20 Per Motor Shipped and will ship same day. PM me with any questions.

I am reducing price on all three motors, the 1/3hp motors are now $100 Shipped and the 1/2hp is $100. This is WAYYY cheaper than the actual cost of the motors but looking around there is 'cheaper' alternatives. These aren't crap quality motors like the others out there that cost less, they are made for a long lifespan and in like-new condition. PM me with any questions. The sheaves you'll need for these can be picked up at grainger or mcmaster or ebay. just google the byo plans to build a malt mill and you'll see how easy it actually is. The rpms on the motors are 1075.

Bumpity Bump Bump!!!! Also would be willing to trade. Things I am looking for, Used or Broken March or Chugger Pumps. Caster wheels for 2" square tube. High temp Silicone Tubing, PID temp displays or Temp probes, Sparge manifold for keggle, Barley Crusher or equivalent, Kegerator Taps, 3 piece stainless ball valves. I am open to trades of all kinds and if you have a fair offer to make cash or parts please feel free to PM me. We can help each other out.

Back