Omg! Way better with age!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggerthanyou83

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to all the help and guidance on here! I had this beer right after the 3 week carbing period and it was good, but after almost 4 month it is WAY better! :mug:

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

I can't wait till the end of next month when my IPA will be peaking in time for our anniversary. The Whiskely Ale will be better by then,but may take longer to be good. When this darn FV finally gets clean,I can brew my English bitter.

Cheers! What type of beer? My Furious Pro Series Kit from NB is in its 4th week in bottles and tastes amazing. I'm afraid to let it age too long ...

Would IPAs benefit from 3-4 months bottle conditioning also?

mmmmmm, looks fantastic!

Too bad I just finished the last of my 6month old Pale Ale... Your pic would have some competition!

What kind of beer is that?Ive noticed with my high hopped beers the head retention gets way better after 5-6 weeks.I always save enough or most to have after a few months.Pretty much try a few in between just let them sit and keep on brewing my next one.

Generally,no. IPA's & other hoppy beers are meant to be drunk young.

Is there anyway to retain aromas/freshness that is lost over time. Once bottle-conditioned, would refrigeration help? I ask because a buddy and I just brewed an IPA together last weekend - we live a several hours apart and I won't be able to get my half for at least a few months. Maybe it won't make much difference?

Is there anyway to retain aromas/freshness that is lost over time. Once bottle-conditioned, would refrigeration help? I ask because a buddy and I just brewed an IPA together last weekend - we live a several hours apart and I won't be able to get my half for at least a few months. Maybe it won't make much difference?

Well,I use o2 barrier caps,so it gives me an extra 3 weeks or so before the hops start to fade. That is to say,maybe 7 or 8 weeks before they start going south. With regular caps,it's more like week 5 or so.
Refridgeration will help after they're fully conditioned. But you can't condition in the fridge. It's too cold,& the yeast go dormant & settle out.

I've seen those 1L "HB" mugs on all the glassware sites. They're heavy too. Looks like it'd hold a cooper's PET bottle of ale with a hell of a head,though. The PET's are 25.16oz,or some 740 ml.

I give you guys credit for maintaining beer supply that long!

I forced carbed a keg last saturday that I brewed four weeks ago, and that keg was dry when I lit the grill for dinner today. Self control, I never had it, Homebrew tastes too good. I love beer.

Now if I could just figure out why I'm getting fat.....

I always tell new brewers to stash a 6pk away for long term aging if only to see how your beers change over time. But it also will show how your brewing skills are getting better with each new batch.

It's hard for me having my comp room as my brewery. I have some 5.5 cases of ale bottled in boxes aging to my right,& my English bitter bubbling away on the brew stand @ my immediate right. So I'll be adding another couple of cases to that stash soon. Then when my wife gets her summer ale going...:drunk::ban:

Computer room as a brewery, funny I am going to move the computer to turn that area into a brewery.

Why not have both? http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/PICT0005-1.jpg
Not the latest shot,but that's what is to my immediate right...That tee covered one was my whiskely ale in secondary. I used my bottling bucket. The cooper's micro brew FV with my English bitter is in it's place now. (the one to the left in the pic).
I've also whittled down the size of that pile of recycled bottles in the boxes too. I got some better boxes so as to have fewer boxes stacked up. Besides getting more ales bottled up!

Latest posts

Back