Wort Chiller... Faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a standard 25' imersion wort chiller from Northern brewer. Because I live in the city in an apartment, I don't really have access to a garden hose. While I'll be doing my AG brewing outside with the Cajun Broiler and all, I plan on chillin it down inside. I would put the brewpot on the stove, next to the sink, and "attach" the nozzle end of the wort chiller to the faucet. Will this work? Do work chillers' nozzles "fit" faucets? Am I going to have to jury rig this? I'm also moving to different apartments as of June and then again in September. I don't want to have to buy 3 seperate faucet attachments. I'm probably overthinking this...

Thoughts?

-Ben

You can get faucet attachements (up/down size, male/female) for about a buck each..and a section of hose for about for $0.50 cents a foot (reinforced vinyl)...I am sure you could find a solution for under $5.00 ..and teflon tape is a must to prevent leaks.....there would be no way it would work attaching the chiller, without a hose, to the sink...you'll end up with a really low OG when it leaks inside the wort.

Cheers

If your going to boil outside but chill inside, your going to have to carry that super duper hot ass keggle over to the sink. You sure you want to do that? Those things are heavy and hot.

agreed... better to spend a few bucks on a 25' garden hose than carry 5 gallons of 200 degree sugar water in through an obstacle filled apartment. All it takes is one LITTLE thing, and you've got 3rd degree burns all over yourself.

You can always use your washing machine hook-up. It's the same as a garden hose.

Assuming that your faucet will accept it, this is the adapter that you will need to connect a garden hose to your sink faucet. You could get a couple of lengths of garden hose that would reach your kettle outside where you do your boil and allow you to use the water from your sink to cool your wort.

1814.jpg

Latest posts

Back