Equipment Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swmalone

Reaction score
I just wanted to put some feelers out to see if anyone might be upgrading and looking to unload some equipment. I am expanding into kegging and looking at giving all grain a try. I would like to expand into that without blowing all of my limited brewing budget.

I am specifically looking for the following items, but if you are selling other items I would be interested in hearing about this.

10-15 gallon brew kettle

Ball Lock Kegs

Wort Chiller

CO2 Regulator

Mash Tun/Lauter Tun

Carboys

Cleaning/Drying equipment

Thanks for looking.

I am upgrading to an electric brewery. Was planning to post some of my equipment here in a week or two.

I have a 10G igloo cooler with false bottom. I can post pics in a bit.

I also have a 15G Blichmann kettle that I've been debating upgrading. I make 10G batches and for now I plan to use the 15G kettle as my MT but want to upgrade to a 20G as that will be the size of my BK and HLT. But it will be a little bit before I'm able to make the switch.

I'm also debating switching to a counter flow chiller instead of my 50' 1/2"OD copper immersion chiller.

Besides that I'll be selling a 40lb and 30lb propane tank. As well as a banjo burner SP10 and KAB4. The burners are a few years old and have rust on the surface but are perfectly functional.

Thanks for the reply. How much would you want for the cooler? I am assuming your brew pot is probably out of my price range. If you decide to upgrade your wort chiller how much would you want for that as well?

Also where in Utah are you located?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. How much would you want for the cooler? I am assuming your brew pot is probably out of my price range. If you decide to upgrade your wort chiller how much would you want for that as well?

Also where in Utah are you located?

Thanks again.

I was thinking $80 for the cooler. I think its a pretty fair price for a cooler with a premium false bottom and less restrictive (after some trial and error) fittings throughout. I would include the 3 piece valve but not the camlock fitting.

I've replaced the cooler portion a few times and this one is pretty new.

I'd go $50 on the chiller. I think that's probably a steal but not really sure. I'll upload some pics in a day or two. It's a home made job and I offset the coils, so it doesn't look like the ones you see in pictures, but I bet it works better than they do.

I was thinking $80 for the cooler. I think its a pretty fair price for a cooler with a premium false bottom and less restrictive (after some trial and error) fittings throughout. I would include the 3 piece valve but not the camlock fitting.

I've replaced the cooler portion a few times and this one is pretty new.

I'd go $50 on the chiller. I think that's probably a steal but not really sure. I'll upload some pics in a day or two. It's a home made job and I offset the coils, so it doesn't look like the ones you see in pictures, but I bet it works better than they do.

What is the diameter of the chiller? I'm just wondering if it would fit in the current pot I use. I am in Tremonton, but I am sure I could make it down towards Salt Lake City.

Thanks to a member in Idaho I am good on kegs now. My mother in law picked them up for me this weekend. I also just purchased a CO2 regulator, but I am still looking for the other items on the list.

I thought I would update this list since I have since picked up a few things, but have also discovered I am in need of a few things I originally neglected on my list.

10-15 gallon brew kettle

Wort Chiller

CO2 Regulator/CO2 tank (I have a set up but would like a spare.)

Mash Tun/Lauter Tun

Carboys (5, 6-6.5, and 1 gallon)

Cleaning/Drying equipment

Beer Faucets & shanks

10-15 gallon brew kettle

If you don't mind aluminum, check out staples.com. They have very affordable large aluminum stock pots, especially if you can find a coupon or sale.

Carboys (5, 6-6.5, and 1 gallon)

1 gallon jugs are pretty cheap online (e.g. morebeer) if you can piggyback on another order and/or get free shipping. I've had a hard time finding them locally. (Haven't checked the HBS' though.)

Beer Faucets & shanks

Good luck. This was by far the most expensive part of my ongoing side-by-side conversion project. But I went all in for the Perlicks (on sale, but still!).

Thanks. I would have never thought to check staples for a pot. I will check it out. I would prefer stainless but if the price is right I could probably start with aluminum.

Back