First Bottle Label Design: American Summer Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerhertz

Reaction score
What do you think?

2008wootsummerwheatbe8.png

The descriptive text on the left and right sides is at least 7 pt, so it *should* be legible, but who knows. If it doesn't, I might make a backside label for the text and just put the graphic on the front label.

I plan to print on Avery 2"x4" white shipping labels on a 600 DPI color laser printer. If it looks good, I'll spray a clear coat over the labels, dry, and apply.

Looks very nice! The text on both sides needs a little "bumping" around to make it look totally pro.... perhaps center alignment... the graphic and the main label text are both very excellent, I like it! Reminds me of a Frank Zappa-based label a friend of mine did.

I like it alot, the only issue I had was while reading it, it didn't look like enough space after a period and before the next sentence, so I just kept reading until I recognized a big run-on, then went back, saw the period, and continued.

Love the name.

Noted. I put two spaces after each period and changed the left justification on the descriptive text to full justification.

Can't wait to see what it looks like printed!

Thanks.

Do you mind posting the new version? I know they were small changes, but I'm still interested in seeing the final product.

Are those the great pyramids in the background. Maybe you should call it Egyptian Wheat. :D. Nice label, just thought that was funny.

Lol yeah I should make them look more like mountains. The landscape on the bottom was a last minute addition. Living in northern Virginia, I hike a lot in Shenandoah National Park, which has some really beautiful mountains and hills.

Will polish it up tonight at home and post the result. I printed the first draft in the office today and ran into some issues fitting the right side due to the printer margins, so I have to tweak it some.

Here are my revisions:

I fully justified the description and added a little stat box. I also scratched the mountains/pyramids and opted for a sun coming over the horizon. I think it looks a lot cleaner.

It's still carbing, but I don't think 35 IBUs for an American wheat is that huge. We'll see later but, it's definitely not bitter going into the bottle.

Can't wait to print it out tomorrow. I'll post a photo with the labeled bottle asap.

Back