ETC Supply :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jambafish

Reaction score
Just a friendly warning.

In June of this year I purchased the Ranco ETC-111000-000 Digital Temperature Controller for my fermentation locker. $75.00. It arrived different than what I ordered, but emails were not returned so I just used as is.

In August it stopped working. Despite reaching out to ETC I've not heard back. I reached out to them again today, but thought I'd warn other brewers about the unreliability factor with purchasing from ETC. I'm seriously bummed.

I'm like you... I hate to slam a vendor unless I have exhausted all other means before I get to that point. Sounds like you have been more than tolerant, hope it helps. I use the much cheaper Ebay generic PID's and havent had a failure yet, but I am also running just about everything through a relay to an adquate SSR. That insures I am not trying to source too much current from the pid's output circuit. Good luck and hope you get it starightened out soon.
Wheelchair Bob

Looks nice, and this is the same price I've paid for my past single temperature controller, but wonder what they charge for a double?

Also, I've still not heard back from ETC and the controller is just hosed. I tried it out again and it totally failed me.

I bought a Ranco ETC-111000-000 at my LHBS on Wednesday and wired it up correctly. it didn't work. Thinking it could be the 16 gauge cord, I bought a new one and rewired it. Nothing.

I know this has nothing to do with ETC Supply, but I'm wondering if others have had trouble with Ranco. I hope the LHBS will take it back.

Back