Hard Lemonade Recipe Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caplan

Reaction score
Not sure just where to post this so i'll try here!

Anyone got a good recipe for hard Lemonade using fresh Lemons/Lime, Sugar (of whatever form) and yeast?

There used to be an Aussy drink sold in the UK called 'Two Dogs'. This was allegedly 'brewed' and that's what i'm trying to emulate rather than just alcohol spirit added to fruit juice.

Any ideas?

Cheers Jason!

I know those two links and they try and play on the (in my best TV Advert voice) "Great for parties!...." route.

I'm definately after the Lemon Brew rather than 'Alcopops' route appealing to underage kids.

Anyone got a Recipe that comes close?

I found this at SleezySherm.com

I made up my first malt beverage of the season - hard lemonade.

It's a really easy recipe:
1lb sugar
3.3lbs light malt extract (dry) OR 4.125lbs of light liquid extract
6 cans of frozen minute maid lemonade mix (or any other high quality lemonade mix)

Boil the sugar and malt for about 30 minutes in 2 gallons of water.
Transfer to your fermenter and add the cans of lemonade.
Fill with cold water till you hit 5 gallons of wort.
Pitch yeast - whatever ale yeast you've got will work, you won't really taste the yeast flavor compounds over the lemonade.

That's it. Prime and bottle like normal.

NOTES
Don't use a cheap lemonade concentrate, shell out the extra 50 cents for the good stuff.

Let the lemonade age 3-4 weeks in the bottles, it will come out very sour but age nicely.

Don't think about using this recipe for making pink lemonade - I was way ahead of you and it's undrinkable. I never tried limeade though, feel free to try that yourself.

havent tried it yet, but definetly want to get a few batches going for this summer

Pumbaa said:
I found this, havent tried it yet, but definetly want to get a few batches going for this summer

Cheers Pumbaa - but herein lies the problem with the recipe you suggested

6 cans of frozen minute maid lemonade mix (or any other high quality lemonade mix)

Where's the real lemon? Come on - use real lemons please! :)

1 cup real lemon juice + 1 cup table sugar = 1 can of concentrate = 2 quarts of leamonade. . . .

I never buy canned stuff when I make leamonade at home and was planning on using REAL Lemon instead (REAL Lemon the brand name, not capped to emphisize)

Back