I need advice for my Graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

je52rm

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of Brandon O's Graff (OG 1.066 safale-05) and it has been in the primary glass carboy for 3 weeks at 68-69 degrees. I took my first gravity reading 4 days ago and it was at 1.015. I just checked it and it's basically the same at 1.014-1.015. Should i wait it out another week or should i go ahead and bottle? I have seen many people post FG of 1.010 or less however their OG wasnt as high as mine so I'm wondering if I might have stuck fermentation

If my calculations are correct thats about 78% attenuation. Is that what should be expected more or less? I know there are always a lot of little variations that can make a difference so i'm just wondering as a More Or Less

I think you can probably bottle at this point.

My last batch of Graff had an OG of 1.058 and finished at 1.006 but it was actually a little drier than I would have liked.

You can always try to get it down further but I'm sure from 1.066 to 1.014 it will taste pretty good.

I think you can probably bottle at this point.

My last batch of Graff had an OG of 1.058 and finished at 1.006 but it was actually a little drier than I would have liked.

You can always try to get it down further but I'm sure from 1.066 to 1.014 it will taste pretty good.

ok cool thanks for the info. Should i worry about pasteurizing the bottles when they reach desired carbonation since the FG didnt go down more?

Latest posts

Back