Lost My Well :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crummycook

Reaction score
We had to have a new well drilled yesterday. I lost a true friend that was the base for many awesome brews. Now I'm going to have to buy "Wally Water" until the newbie settles down and I test what's coming out of the tap. Right now it tastes like a swimming pool.:mad:

You'll be back to normal in no time. Unless they had to drill deeper and went into some undesirable strata, you're bound to be better off than we are. Water here is perfectly drinkable, but loaded with dissolved calcium and iron- unsuitable for brewing. I have to shell out about $4 for RO water from the grocery store for every batch. Just be very glad you don't have sulfur......my father-in-law lived in NW Ohio, and when someone took a shower the rotten egg smell was quite noticeable for a while.

That rotten egg smell is the worst. Yeah, I'm hoping this clears up in a couple of days. Our well is only 40-50 feet deep.

Back