Man, I love PETA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Im a card carrying member!

tshirt1.jpg

In fact, it's time for some tasty wings!

Chicken_Wings_Platter.jpg

Nice.

What's the butter stuff?
The garlic and parsley is a good idea.
I use fresh parsley and garlic chips. Although I do grow loads of my own garlic.

Bernie Brewer said:
Damn Ed, you scared me! I was afraind you meant the "other" peta! Mmmm those wings look yummy!

LOL! Made ya look eh? Thanks. I'm cooking some wings right now. I'll post a pic of these when I'm done. I'm using a different recipe though.

me i just started workin my way through an irish eight course meal
corned beef and cabbage and a sixer of guinness:rockin:

orfy said:
Nice.

What's the butter stuff?

Thanks. That's a spice from Germany. It's for making an Herbal Butter mixture, but I drizzled these wings with olive oil first before sprinkling these spices on.

Tasty stuff...Great with Brew!

Like they say, if we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Here's a recipe we use a lot:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
1 or 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
1/2 a lime

Mix it all together and squeeze the lime into the mix. Let some wings marinate in this for 1-2 hours, then grill. Squeeze the other half of the lime over the wings before serving.

This is my version of Dale's Seasoning, but in my opinion, much better. It's great on wings, chicken, pork, & fish.

Ed's Seasoning

Ingredients:
• 1 pint Soy Sauce
• 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
• 1 Tbs McCormicks Ground Chipotle
• 1 tsp Onion Powder
• 1 tsp Wasabi Powder
• ¼ tsp Chinese 5 Spice

Preparation Directions:
• Take the bottle of Soy Sauce and pour a bit of it out to make room for the spices. (Just a few tablespoons). Using a funnel, pour all the dry spices into the bottle. Put the cap back on and shake well. The seasoning works best if this is done the day before the cook. Always remember to shake well before using.

Any leftover sauce can be refrigerated in the bottle till next time.

Brush this on your wings as soon as you put them on the grill. Hmmmm. Good.

Soy sauce boiled & baked wings are good too. Cover the wings with soy sauce in a pot (it takes a lot, get a jug), add a very small amount of poultry seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, and boil the mixture for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit in the marinade for several hours (2 hours minimum) turning the wings occasionally to make sure all chicken surfaces get soaked for a while if there are any bits poking out of the marinade. After they have soaked, bake the wings at 350 for 25 minutes. It's unlike any grilled or fried wings you've ever had.

They're even good (almost better) if you let them sit out for a day after cooking and eat them at room temperature. No need for refrigeration if you eat them within a couple days as the salt from the soy sauce permeates the meat and preserves it.

Ed this would be a great place for you post one of those smoked and barbequed boston butts right now. That chicken is amking me hungry. Good thing I have corned beer here in a few minutes.

mmmmmmm.... Meat.

Ed you always post the tastiest looking stuff. I feel shame at my own...

Not enuf to stop doing it or quit learning mind you. ;)

Looks and sounds awesome. :rockin:

Ize

Ah, corned beef and cabbage. It was tasty. I actually saw one of those shirts from a distance at a gun show. I was pretty confused until I got a little closer. You shoulda seen the protest crowd outside the show.
Time to stir in a beer or two to the gut, and we're set for the night.

Happy St. Pats Day to all!

Brewsmith said:
Ed this would be a great place for you post one of those smoked and barbequed boston butts right now. That chicken is amking me hungry. Good thing I have corned beer here in a few minutes.
You mean like this.

8-Butts.jpg

After 20 hours of slow smoking.

8-Butts-20-hours.jpg

Pulled & ready to eat.

Pulled_Pork.jpg

Man, I love BBQ and Home Brew!

EdWort said:
You mean like this.

Pulled_Pork.jpg

Man, I love BBQ and Home Brew!

We'll be having this tomorrow when the guys come over for the NE bew-out. But I like my pork chopped nowdays. It's simply quicker for me to prepare :)

Kai

Ed, that was exactly what I was talking about. If I come anywhere in the vicinity of your time zone, I'm going to hunt you down for some BBQ and beer and then wash it all down with some apfelwein. :p

Back