Damn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardball

Reaction score
I made an APA which I bottled on 12/29. After 2 weeks I tasted it and it was good for my first attempt in almost 2 years. Then this week I put a few in the fridge for the big 3 week test and...

....terrible after-taste, almost metallic. Really disappointed, maybe I should never have posted this....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19810

Damn Murphy's Law!

Also have chill haze for the first time ever brewing. I know that goes away but the after-taste has me perplexed. Oh well brewing another this weekend and hopefully it goes better.

sorry to hear that, man. im afraid my latest batch is also 'bad', but im giving it the full 3 weeks before i truly judge it. tasted after 1 week, and it had a strange pickly taste, yes like pickles. please please please let that change :( 3 weeks is this tuesday and i have my fingers crossed.

I'd put the rest in a cool, dark place and forget about it for 2 or three months. Then try it again. Oh, and don't chill it in the fridge. Put it in a bucket of ice water for about 15 minutes before you drink it. That way you won't have chill haze.

Ive had brews that taste metallic early but after ive left them for a couple of months in a dark place they have become much easier to drink. I generally try and give all my brews two months in waiting before i even try them and generally thats enough.

Give it a bit longer and try again.

Thanks for the advice!

The beers not totally undrinkable but it isn't something I would flaunt in front of people just yet!

I have 20 in the fridge right now and I will store the other 24 for a couple months and see what happens.

Thanks again.

If it's not to good yet I wouldn't waste the fridge space. It'll slow doen the conditioning.

Plus how do you know the light isn't staying on when you close the door.:D

orfy said:
If it's not to good yet I wouldn't waste the fridge space. It'll slow doen the conditioning.

Plus how do you know the light isn't staying on when you close the door.:D

I normally would not chill them but I have nothing else to drink and I am not spending $8 for a six pack of beer. The prices are getting ridiculous.

Back