Hey Dude-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
I noticed you had a mountain dew beer in you sig, but when I searched for a thread on it I couldnt find one. If such a thread exsts point me to it, if you would. If not, how does it taste?

- magno

No thread, just recipe.

You have to like Mt. Dew for sure. It tastes like Mt. Dew and beer mixed together, if you'd believe that. I did it as a joke for our brew club's competition where we had to use a weird adjunct. I won't be doing it again.

Yeah... its deffinitely a "weird adjunct". No offense but it sounded mildly repulsive, but intresting.

BYO had a recipie for Mountain Brew about this time last year IIRC . . .
http://***********/recipe/1331.html

I was wrong it was March 05

the_bird said:
I'm kinda surprised all the artificial garbage in the Dew didn't inhibit fermentation - or did you "dry Dew"?

OMG how would you "Dry Dew"? I imagine when Dew dries out all you have left would be raw caffiene and sugar. :drunk:

Ize

the_bird said:
I'm kinda surprised all the artificial garbage in the Dew didn't inhibit fermentation - or did you "dry Dew"?

I made a base blonde ale, and mixed 2.5 gallons of that with 6 (six) 2 liter bottles of Mt. Dew. I let all that ferment together. The yeast did fine with it. It is still a little sweet, but it is actually drinkable. It is lager like, real crisp.

Oh, jeeezus, gag! Mountain Poo is bad enough, but to sully the world of brewing with its presence?

However, fo' serious, if anyone likes lemon-lime, they should try my citrus pale. Used lime-basil and lemon verbena as adjuncts. Dead ringer for Orbit Lemon-Lime chewing gum...hehehe...

Back