need help with grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYbrewer

Reaction score
I bought a cast iron grain mill off ebay. It seems self explanatory how to put together, but I don't see how to stop the shaft from sliding in towards the mill. I know it is hard to understand without pics, but I have no way of doing so at the moment.

I can adjust the screws to allow the plate/shaft to be pulled away from the mill to allow for courser grains, but nothing stops the plate from sliding back towards the mill. Thanks for any help

I bought a cast iron grain mill off ebay. It seems self explanatory how to put together, but I don't see how to stop the shaft from sliding in towards the mill. I know it is hard to understand without pics, but I have no way of doing so at the moment.

I can adjust the screws to allow the plate/shaft to be pulled away from the mill to allow for courser grains, but nothing stops the plate from sliding back towards the mill. Thanks for any help

it sounds like a Corona or Corona stlye mill, like what I and a bunch of us use...

I have some info and pics in this thread...and there are some links to places that discuss adjusting it, tweaking it and even motorizing it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-ugly-junk-corona-mill-station-90849/

You can post any questions there....if that's the style we're talking about.

:mug:

Back