fridge score! now what do i need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makapol

Reaction score
to build said kegorater? This fridge is an old school from like the 60's or 70's collecting dust in my late great grandmothers place. it looks like it could hold 4 cornie kegs as well as the co2. so i would love to build it out that way. i just dont know all the supplies i would need, and wold love to find them on the cheap rather than new (as that looks to be expensive).

thanks!

kegs
CO2 tank
regulator
fittings
gas/beer lines
faucet or picnic tap
You can try to get that stuff used but if you are in a hurry you're gonna have to buy it. You can check Craigslist or E-Bay for bargains.

You might check how much power that old fridge uses before starting. Those old dogs are pretty inefficient.

You might check how much power that old fridge uses before starting. Those old dogs are pretty inefficient.

that was a consideration of mine. how do i test that thing? there was some very old and possibly illegible operation info on the back, but as far as plug and go, how can i estimate cost/efficiency?

Back