Best / most cost effective way to waterproof float switch wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use adhesive backed shrink wrap over the joints. just extend it 1/2" on either side of the joint. I would guess that you are going to use a control voltage and a relay instead of running line voltage to the float switch. One thing that would allow you to do is have a 3 position switch that you can set to on/off/float/.

Mine doesn't have the extension like yours does but I used shrink tubing with silicone sealant.

IMG_6106.jpg

Mine doesn't have the extension like yours does but I used shrink tubing with silicone sealant.

Hah, thanks for chiming in. I actually modeled mine after yours... I thought about asking in your old thread how you sealed your line.

Your manifold seems to be dry fitted, am I right? I did pretty much the same thing, but had some very bad leaks when I dry fitted it, so I soldered it all together. It was a nightmare...

Anyway, did you apply the silicone sealant before or after the shrink wrapping?

Back