Ballast points sculpin IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed this w almost exact North Star recipe in post #12. Only change was I forgot to add Amarillo for mash hops, so I added them as FWH instead using the same amount. Wonder what the difference will be.

Brewed this w almost exact North Star recipe in post #12. Only change was I forgot to add Amarillo for mash hops, so I added them as FWH instead using the same amount. Wonder what the difference will be.

Interesting find in this video shows Sculpin in 2014 used both mash and first wort hops.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_11Yn7V9UM[/ame]

Pretty new as well. I've made probably 6-8 batches. I'm pretty confused as to what grains to use? I don't see them on the recipe

Also, if any of you could please describe the steps for this one i would be really grateful. The only beer i brewed before this one was a Brooklyn Beer Kit all grain, so it will be my first time using extract and i have no idea on how to proceed :confused:

There are no grains. All the malt comes from the DME. The steps are quite easy, especially if you've done all grain already. You take let's say, 3 gallons of water, add your DME and bring it up to boil. This is probably the most critical point because as it starts to boil, it'll foam and foam hard.

Once the boil is going, add your hops for the appropriate amount of time. With like 10 min left in the boil, add the sugar. Once the boil is done, cool it down, add to fermenter, top off to 5 gallons, and pitch the yeast.

i said i had the recipe last night when i woke up this morning my inbox was filled soo here u go I got this recipe from the ballast point its a extract recipe i have yet to make it but used parts that i liked from it to create something new this ale is a more citrus like Ipa but with a kick let me know how it comes out CHeers:mug:

EXTRACT:
6 lbs Dried light malt extract (DME)
1 lbs corn sugar

HOPS
60 minutes
.50 oz warrior
.50 oz Magnum
.25 oz northern brewer
.25 oz columbus

30 minutes
.50 oz crystal
.25 oz centennial
.25 oz Simcoe

0 minutes
1.0 oz Amarillo

DRY HOP
2.0 oz of Amarillo
2.0 oz of Simcoe

YEAST
White labs california Ale yeast wlp001
Forgive me, I am still new to brewing but is there a step by step for this recipe?

Back