The life story of my brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windows xp has a program preloaded called "windows movie editor" that is pretty simple to use and if all you needed was to put all you clips together it will do the trick for free. I don't know if windows vista/7 has a similar video software on it. nice videos

Windows xp has a program preloaded called "windows movie editor" that is pretty simple to use and if all you needed was to put all you clips together it will do the trick for free. I don't know if windows vista/7 has a similar video software on it. nice videos

It can be a pain to work with at first, but it's fairly decent for splicing videos together. I used that for my all-grain videos and it did a decent job.

I've put two batches through the system so far and things were better the second time. Still a bit of issue with priming the pumps but that will come with practice. Ingredients ordered this afternoon for the third batch.
1. Starry Alignment ~4 IPA
2. Belgian Golden Strong
3. Ted's 46&2 Contest sessionable I/APA

What up Ted? Great job on the youtube video clips...very entertaining and informative. I went up to Cadillac, MI morel mushroom hunting, so I haven't been on HBT in a few. I will be starting my single tier build shortly and eventually will be in need of some kind of insulation for my direct fire MLT. Sounds like what you have has worked out well. I have seen several other guys who wrap thermal insulation around their MLT's, but have to remove it everytime they fire the burner to maintain the mash temp. If your materials would save me from not having to do so, then I'm interested. Let me know. :mug:

Thanks man! I'm a hack, but I'm glad you enjoyed-em. Turns out I DO actually have some kind of video editing software on my laptop so maybe I'll edit future videos or something, I don't know.

Yeah, this insulation stuff is cheap, easy to use and it did a great job for me. And, since you're not applying a CRAP-LOAD of heat to the bottom of the MLT, it worked great. My fear was the adhesive on the foil-tape would start to melt and it may someday, but the first use worked out great!

cruckin78, Thanks, it was a really fun project.
Sorry I'm not better looking. :mug:

cool thread I am working on converting my kegs still hope to have a cool stand like that one day. Till then I will use my old friend gravity to do a lot of the work.

I made and documented a few changes to my system.
There are seven videos -each is about 2-3 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Ted! Very valuable information, which should save me a ton of time "experimenting" when I start building my AG system. Are you still selling the mylar backed insulation for the mash tun? I remember inquiring about it a while back....you had posted that you had some left over from your project. Probably long gone by now, but I just wanted to check. Again, nice work on the videos! :mug:

HA! Thanks man - that's why I put those things out there. That and to hear and see myself talk and make a drunken idiot of myself... Yeah, I have some of that stuff left and can get as much or as little as you want from work. Just let me know when you're ready and how much you need. And, if you want to see it before hand I'll send you a sample - just let me know. It's not a perfect solution but it works.

Instead of samples how about you make a suit out of the material and jump through some fire! That would probably be the best way to really test it.
:tank:

Ha! Beer Ninja in for the fix!

Suite?

We could have made you a sweet suite suit out of it and you wouldn't have lit yo-azz on fire in my garage when we were welding. OHHHHH!!! :p

Guess I had happy fingers.

Thank jebus for the Beer Ninja.

Ha! I don't think anything would have prevented me from starting myself on fire, it was meant to happen.

This the build for the stands used in the BTV Dice-Hopped IPA episode no? I just put 2+2 together here.

Go-go gadget thread resurrection!

Ted is not responding, so I'll do it for him.....yes, yes it is. :mug:

I guess he's too big of a celebrity now to tend to his thread!

Ha! Indeed he is. :mug:

He does have quite the pile of ingredients that need to be brewed up so i'll be sure he updates this thread with some recent pictures.

Latest posts

Back