Three Philosophers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkmount721

Reaction score
Man I really wanted to like this more. Anyone else out there just not "feeling it"? Maybe I should give it another shot and see if it grows on me.
:(

I like it, but I like to split a bottle with one or two other folks- I tire of it before the end of the bottle. I'm not a fan of belgian beers, but I do like this one on occasion. What didn't you like?

....and why do you think you ought to like it? Sounds like there's some like there.....

put one in your basement for about 4 months

I think you have the right idea. I did jump the gun, I think the kriek could have been a little more subdued. A little cellar time would do it justice.

I like it, but I like to split a bottle with one or two other folks- I tire of it before the end of the bottle. I'm not a fan of belgian beers, but I do like this one on occasion. What didn't you like?

I am definitely a fan of Belgian/Belgian style ales. I really think I was leaning more towards the quad side of things...It wasn't bad, and I honestly didn't know what to expect. Like I said above the kriek twang just kind of struck me funny.

I won't write it off yet.

I think it has a really good taste, but isn't as drinkable as the best belgians.

I tried it one time and nothing exciting struck my palate. Maybe a little aging might do it justice but I like a good belgian nose and its not there. The beer itself is well made just dull, I dont know, I guess I think it sucks, sorry.

I liked it. Mine was two years old though. I saved it to drink while I brewed my 40th birthday beer. No idea what it tastes like younger though, as thats the only time I've had it.

Back