Multiple keg hookups

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagg

Reaction score
Hey all, I want to start kegging, my question is this, how do you all set up multiple taps, I am thinking of getting the 9 cubif foot Fridgidaire chest freezer from Lowes, and building a collar for the faucets, they claim I can get 6 kegs in there, I know I will need a CO2 tank and regulator, but what would I use to have all 6 kegs ready for tap?I someone has such a setup, please let me know what exactly I will need, and a ballpark price for every item, including temp controller, (Johnson, Ranco, or whatever is the best), thank you so much for any info.:rockin:

Whoa, nellie, you need to do your own research, but maybe this will help get you started: Air Distributor - 6 Way, With Check Valves!.

Build from there. That place is fantastic and will customize what you need. :)

You'll need gas lines, beer lines, QDs, faucets, shanks and the controller should about do it. Up to you what exactly you want.

EDIT: And FYI, I recently set up a four-tap system. I already had the kegs, but everything else ran me about $450, without a controller. I splurged and got Perlick faucets.

As Shecky said, hit up keg connection for the parts list.. you can look at their kits to get an idea on price, but I would email them and tell them what you are trying to do. They will get you a custom quote.

I also recommend the Perlicks. Kegconnection will upgrade those for ya during the order. If you want to see pictures, there are tons there and tons of builds. You can see mine from the link in my signature.

Is it possible to daisy chain manifolds together? I'm planning to convert my fridge-with-picnic-taps setup into a keezer by sometime next summer, but probably won't get anything bigger than a four way manifold at first. It'd be nice if I could then decide to upgrade and just toss another four on, let's say 15+ years down the line (unless I suddenly make/am related to a ton of beer lovers, it's going to be til my kid grows up before I need more than four taps*)

* Unless I contract shankophilia, commonly known as 'JoeC Madness'

Yes you can daisy chain them. Just remove the end plug from the first manifold...replace it with a hose connection or union...and add the next manifold... It's easy. Just remember to use thread seal or teflon tape.

The more gadgets the more places to leak. So do a soap bubble test when everything is hooked up...otherwise you may come home to an empty co2 bottle and a room full of noxious gas.

Also, if you go the splitter or manifold route all of your gas pressure going to the keg will be the same psi.

This means you can't pump a lager and a Hefe Weizen. Well, you can, but they'll be at the same pressure.

What you need to consider is a manifold with gages. These can be set at differing pressures. ;)

Secondary regulators are an option if you want to be able to use different pressures for different brews....

13719-keezer010.jpg

Back