Rhubarb Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30L is almost 8 gallons so when you rack to the six gallon carboy stick whatever you have left in another container (or 2), hopefully one that can be airlocked or stuck in the freezer.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve pitched the yeast this morning and I’ll report back when the wine is finished!

Thanks for the replies. I’ve pitched the yeast this morning and I’ll report back when the wine is finished!

I’d hate to be one of those folks who never actually reports back... The wine has been in the bottles for about 6 months and is tasting great. Second batch is clearing in secondary. This recipe has been a winner.

Hey Yooper just fermenting my first rhubarb wine. Everything seems to be going well. Quick question in the past I've always fermented with the entire fruit in the pail and then strained or pulled out a mesh bag. Just wondering what the advantage is to pulling the remaining pulp after 2-3 days and then fermenting. Specifically was going to do a raspberry next. Cheers and thanks.

I pull the bag out and squeeze when the fruit is used up, mushy and the SG is under about 1.020 or so. It’s usually about 5 days for many fruits.

OK thanks. I guess what I'm asking is I pulled the bag of rhubarb and raisins out after three days and then put in the yeast like you suggested in the original recipe. Everywhere else seems to let the pulp ferment and then pull it out. For what its worth the cloudy half glass I drank was delicious. Thanks again.

OK thanks. I guess what I'm asking is I pulled the bag of rhubarb and raisins out after three days and then put in the yeast like you suggested in the original recipe. Everywhere else seems to let the pulp ferment and then pull it out. For what its worth the cloudy half glass I drank was delicious. Thanks again.
When I have made it I add the yeast a day after adding the Camden tabs. I then open ferment in the bucket for 2 or 3 days (depends on my schedule and time availability) before pulling the bag of mush, putting in a colander and squeezing all I can, and then moving the juice to a carboy and putting the airlock in place. Seems to work

Latest posts

Back