Pub equipment!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewUpAndSup

Reaction score
Today I was told I had access to anything I want from a pub that a member of my family has just bought to turn into offices :( On the upside there is a cellar full of stuff. I don't know what half the stuff is but basically the old owners went and left everything! Should I go and grab everything I can and keep hold of it until I've learnt what to do with it or let them skip it all?

If you have a place to keep it, why not get a UHaul for the day? Never know when it could come in handy. Also, take some pictures and post 'em up here. Maybe we can all drool over it.

YES you grab anything and everything.... keep what you want and sell off the rest.

-=Jason=-

I have my own van so that's not a problem. It just scares me as I have no idea how it all works, haha

So, where are you located? ;)

Take a magnet, and grab every metal thing it won't stick to. You can sort it all out later...

Cheers!

You take everything even it means leaving a brewery in front of your lawn...Tell home owners association to bite your behind...

Get the stuff ASAP...you could easily sell it off to an aspiring pub owner for 1/3 of the actual value and have money for yourself to buy some conicals and have your own garage microbrewery :)

Do it!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Not knowing how to use the equipment is easy to fix. Just ask, "what is this, and how do I use it?" and I'm sure people here are nice enough to give you some insight.

I'd say, get everything you can and hold on to it, figure out how it all works, see if you really want/need it for your uses, and sell the rest. I'm sure if you put a thread on here about selling some brew equipment, you will have buyers.

If the pub is closed down and is being turned into offices most of the beer lines will be useless, having had stale beer in them for a long time. Flojets and cellarbuoys are probably salvagable, and if there is a compressor in there it is worth its weight in gold, particularly if you have a cellar and want to run beer up from there directly - will save you a fortune on gas.

See if there are any decent brasses on the handpulls if there are any too. I manage a pub for a brewery which has just opened up another pub installing hand pumps which apparently cost £1000 each, though this is clearly well above average they are definitely worth having if you can get them. If nothing else it will make any bar you build at home pretty sweet.

Finally, breweriana. Any signs from the 60's or earlier, ideally made of enamelled metal, advertising beer, cigarettes or liquor. Aside from being awesome these are now worth a fortune on ebay.

In brewing terms you will probably find a few connectors and some decent odds and ends, but, realistically there may be little of use to you

restaurant supply stores will want a lot of it if you cant use it. post up some pics and we can oogle

Where are you located? If youre in NY, i'll split a uhaul with you and we'll keep everything in my backyard till we figure out what to do with it

Back