You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO is caught surfing the internet not looking for an AA meeting place but actually if there is such an organization known as HBA (home brewers anonymous)

A short tale.

HE: "it's so nice, come outside while I am welding this". "This" is a very cool 3 burner brewing tree he is building me. Pic's later.
ME: OK that sounds good.
Meanwhile I grab a chair, coat and a Deception Cream Stout (amped up a bit). The stout is in a beautiful cut crystal glass.
HE: look away when I weld.
ME: OK
I turned my chair a half turn and break my glass with the stout in it.
ME: OH, that was the stout I was aging and I only had one sip.
HE: Don't you care about the glass?
ME: Yeah, I guess I do.

RIP Deception Cream Stout, oh and the glass too.

When the chores around the house only get done when it interferes with brew day.

Basement is cleaned to store brew gear.
Yard is managed to make room for the brewing.
Dishes are cleaned to make room for sanitizing gear.
Bathroom is cleaned to make room for cleaning kegs.

I'm building a outdoor living room equipped with electricity, tv, surround speakers and a gas fireplace. Everyone thinks it for their enjoyment, but really it's so I have an under cover spot to connect my gas up and brew in all weather.

Maybe I need to brew more, so more gets done around the house?

The wife and I were at the in laws yesterday celebrating a birthday and my FIL recently got a Blue Moon sampler pack. I've got no hate at all toward Blue Moon so I popped a top and took a sip before hunting down a glass. My wife gave me the most appalled look I've ever seen and called me out on drinking a sip (just one!) from the bottle.

I've never been more proud/embarrassed.

When you brewed yesterday and woke up today to the most wonderful little bubbling sound

5hrs after your brew is fermenting you rush to the store buy a new fermenter and start an entire new batch

When your wife says she's taking a vaction day next month to do a school thing with your daughter, and she suggests you take the day off so you can brew during the week.

When you watch Beerfest and think, "If this was made by homebrewers it'd be completely different!"

Sent from my toaster using H

When your wife walks into the walk-in closet/fermentation chamber and finds you sniffing a carboy or the blowoff bucket. I have two stouts fermenting away with both blowoff tubes going into a large bucket. It smells so good in there.

You're a homebrewer when you're showering and you think your shampoo smells like a fresh IPA.

Try it and post back, then we'll all know ;)

You know you are a home brewer when you and others take this kind of question/musing seriously and has to experiment. Now to find a neutral enough smelling shampoo to try it out on. I am sure I have hops to spare already.

I say make the hop shampoo anyway I think half of us would buy it just because its hop shampoo

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oh, you know I just did. I dub thee.. Hop-poo

8aqeru3e.jpg

When you hear someone's personality described as being bitter, and the first thing you think of is hops

...and the hair care products associated with hops :D

Oh, you know I just did. I dub thee.. Hop-poo

8aqeru3e.jpg

Well, the pellets have fully expanded and after shaking, the hop-poo is now looking like the bottom of your BK after draining to fermenter. After I run a couple doors down to let my sisters dogs out I am going to try it out.

Wish me luck?

I've created a monster...haha. Can't believe it already exists though! My Herbal Essences has a tropical fruity smell, made me think of citra or mosaic or some kind of tropical fruity hop variety.

You've probably just cured baldness.

It worked too well! But don't I look amazing in my new fez and sunglasses?

cousin-it.jpg

Actually, I must say it worked fairly well. Although it does look like hop poo, surprisingly I do not have a head full of chunks of vegetation, though to get better hop aroma (it was there, but overpowered a bit by the shampoo) i kind of fear breaking the hop:shampoo ratio. My hair actually feels softer, though that could just be me. Not to mention that I have this sudden craving for a good IPA.

It worked too well! But don't I look amazing in my new fez and sunglasses?

cousin-it.jpg

Actually, I must say it worked fairly well. Although it does look like hop poo, surprisingly I do not have a head full of chunks of vegetation, though to get better hop aroma (it was there, but overpowered a bit by the shampoo) i kind of fear breaking the hop:shampoo ratio. My hair actually feels softer, though that could just be me. Not to mention that I have this sudden craving for a good IPA.

Maybe try an unscented shampoo as the base?

When you've been waiting to pull the trigger on a thermapen due to cost. But you wake up in a scramble to get your wallet when you get an email that they're having an open box sale.

Finally got one! $74 plus $3 shipping and $11 for a magnetic cover. I've only been awake 20 minutes, but It's a good morning!

http://thermoworks.us2.list-manage2...5dce66cb24c996a012&id=21b3f0c6e9&e=1f696a711e

Oh and I finished my r2 beer2 last night. 6 gallons of portable awesomeness on wheels

image_zps3a31753a.jpg

Latest posts

Back