Toasted Peaches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnphillips

Reaction score
We brew a pretty good blonde that over the years we will rack onto different fruits. Current batch is in the primary right now and I am trying to decide if my peach idea sounds any good. I am thinking of doing about 1lb per gallon (10 gallon batch) halving them, sprinkle with brown sugar, and roasting in the oven for a while.

Normally we take the fruit and put in a pot and bring to about 180 while muddling it. I've never roasted a fruit before so I don't know if just that would be sufficient or should I go ahead with my normal method after the roasting?

Also, I'm not sold on the brown sugar yet. It sounds really good in theory but I don't know how it would go with a lighter beer.

I think it's a great idea...we're talking about smoking fruit in another thread. The brown sugar won't really affect the flavor negatively. You're not using alot of it, just to help caramalize and roast the peaches.....You need some sugars to help it along and brown sugar is probably the best with peaches.

Back