Please forgive the questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delarob

Reaction score
I've been reviewing the prior threads looking for the answers to my questions, but I'm getting lost and confused so please excuse me asking a question tht has already been asked...:(

Here's the particulars - I've brewed a Bavarian Pilsner. I primaried for 8 days and sent it to the Corny.

Questions:

1. What temp should I be conditioning at? I was told by a friend that it should be cold, and I read that 65 is sufficient.

2. Was 1 week in the primary too short? There was very little action taking place. 1 bubble every minute and a half.

3. I force carbed my last batch and it came out ok. I drank it a bit early I believe. I want to take this one slower. How long should it take at 10# of pressure to be carbed?

Thanks!!:D

If you used a lager yeast, you should condition at 30F for 2-3 months.
One week is really fast for a lager yeast, but nominal for an ale yeast.
At 10#, it should carb in a week.

It was an ale yeast. I made a starter and I had activity within 1 hour. I added the entire starter to the wort the next day and it had Krausen within 8 hours that was pushing through the ferm lock. I have never had a wort get so active so fast.

Thanks for the info.

Back