Hello from Somerville, MA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJoseph

Reaction score
Hello!

My names Kevin, 23 years old, and a recent college graduate with a B.S. in Microbiology. I am a born and raised West Virginia man, and just started to get into brewing beer.

My favorite types of beer would be IPAs, and ales, and pilsners, but I'm also a fan of some Witbiers.

Any advice for a newb, or any helpful links would be awesome!

Looking forward to developing into a part of this community.

Yes, if you need to find your way out of Somerville to get to the Mass Pike have a local lead you there because it will be impossible for them to give you directions! Happened to me once anyway!

My other piece of advice is don't be afraid to ask questions here, as the community is very accomodating of even the most simple of queries. But search the site first because there's a huge amount of information already.

Oh, and stay sanitary! But you probably know that eh?

Good brewing to you.

Heh, yeah sanitation is key. I use Star-San now, and I opt to use Skyy vodka in my airlock (I'd rather a little vodka get into the brew than Star-San if I had to pick).

I wonder if there are any locals around this area from the forum.

Would you be willing to send me your Skyy vodka if I replace it with some bottom shelf stuff for you to fill your airlocks with? ;-)

For the primary I use those S shaped Italian airlocks, because they don't backflow into the fermenter when the pressure changes.

Would you be willing to send me your Skyy vodka if I replace it with some bottom shelf stuff for you to fill your airlocks with? ;-)

For the primary I use those S shaped Italian airlocks, because they don't backflow into the fermenter when the pressure changes.

Haha!

I thought about switching over for that exact reason. I only use the Skyy incase backflow happens (I was using bottom shelf Kappy's Charcoal Filtered Vodka before).

Latest posts

Back